You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

AffinityMaxi,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums

Sorry, but there is no more information about this yet. I would expect a big splash when there is, though I understand you asking here and your excitement. From what I have seen its very impressive.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

This! I bought Affinity Photo and an iPad Pro in anticipation of it being release for the iPad. This would be amazing for my workflow and is basically *the* killer app for the iPad Pro. I'm sure there are some really good reasons why it hasn't been launched yet but for those of us patiently waiting it's agonizing. In the future please don't announce a product so far in advance! It leads to false expectations and by the time it's actually released diminished excitement. Purely speculative but I wonder if the delay has to do with the focus on Affinity for Windows and ensuring that it syncs seamlessly with that version as well?

If I knew we'd see something in the next couple months I'd invest in moving my workflow over to Affinity products completely but without any kind of timeline it's hard for professionals to make these kinds of decisions. 

Note that even though I don't actively use Affinity Photo and I'm critical of their iPad release timeline I'm still a huge champion / evangelist and will continue to recommend and purchase any of their photography related products! I want to see Affinity continue to succeed and I only post because I'm invested in that outcome.

Personally, I would take a beta version with bugs. When I bought the iPad Pro it was for the hope that we would see apps like Affinity for editing photos with the Pencil. So far, it hasn't filled that need ( other than using Astropad), so I am thinking late this year I may buy a Surface just to use with Photoshop and the Pen if this is still unavailable. There must be some technical reason that no one has come out with a killer iPad Pencil Photo app at this time.

I did buy the Mac version to try out and it is quite slick, However, the iPad app would be a game changer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Uofmtiger1, donka,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

We will announce it here an in the social media as soon as it becomes available. You can also sign-up for iPad news/beta newsletter here.

Thanks, I signed up a while back. I still check in here periodically in case I miss it. Hopefully, we are getting close to a release.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I'm considering buying an iPad again, and I've got a question concerning the up and coming release of AP/AD for it.

I'm leaning towards the 9.7 inch, since I think it's an overall more comfortable machine to use. The only reason I haven't already committed is because I'm wondering if the Affinity suite is well suited to the smaller screen and smaller amount of RAM on the 9.7. If it's designed primarily/exclusively for the 12.9 Pro, I'll opt for it instead. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have an iPad Pro 9.7" that I have to admit I bought in anticipation of Affinity Photo coming to the iPad. And since I am not an artist, or a gamer, dont take notes, obviously I have no reason for this IPP over the ipad Air 2 that I had. Overall its ok tho because I give whatever ipad I have lots of use justifying its cost (to me). But to the OP I would say: 1) wait for next announcement, hopefully soon of ipad pro 2 and even a new 10.5" size, 2) evaluate upgraded specs in each of the available new IPP's and choose the optimum and, 3) hope AP for iPad is released before the newly released IPP's are old!