You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I'm new to Affinity Photo and was not a Photoshop user before, so you can extrapolate from this that I am inexperienced!

I would like to make a signature that I can add to my photos without having to type it each time and that is scalable without loss of sharpness or quality. I believe this is done with something called a vector graphic although I'm not certain.

I have chosen a font, created a new document in AP with a transparent background, typed my signature line and then exported. I selected the SVG file type, but then I'm not sure where to go from there or how to add it to existing images that I'm working on in AP.

I'm trying to move away from Adobe subscription services and trying to learn AP so it will become my go-to photo editor.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Chris

• Staff

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forums.

As you've already created the file all you need to do is open your image and use File > Place. Now browse to your file and click Open. Using the Move Tool you can resize and position. When you're ready you can use File > Export to create a new file that has the signature included, however, during the export, everything will be rasterized.

Thank you!!!  :)

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forums.

As you've already created the file all you need to do is open your image and use File > Place. Now browse to your file and click Open. Using the Move Tool you can resize and position. When you're ready you can use File > Export to create a new file that has the signature included, however, during the export, everything will be rasterized.

Maybe complete instructions could be done regarding what Chris has said about creating the file in the first place as I find that Document>transparent background does not create anything and File > New provides a dialogue box but not sure what items need to be changed if any from the default settings. I have saved the other info so just clarification as to how to get to the point of saving the signature file would be good. Also, not sure what a .svg is but if that is the file type to be used, that is fine. Just was curious.