You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

NEW! AFFINITY DESIGNER VIDEO TRAINING COURSE

Hello Tom!

Thank you for inquiring about my course. I think my course is what you are looking for. I make no assumptions about my students experience with other applications. I walk you thru  using Affinity Designer Interface and its tools while giving you some insight into technique and workflow.  I think it the perfect companion to your purchase.

So, to answer your question it for beginner's who are new to vector art and the vector tools that are available in Affinity Designer.

As for your second question. I do not cover building mobile app design specifically but that may be a topic I will cover in future courses the tools and techniques I do explain can be applied to that.

Now if you're looking further confirmation from some of the students taking my course right now just read the reviews placed by some of the students who have taken my course.

Got me up and running with this amazing application

I'd never used a vector graphics application before. Ronnie took the pain out of becoming orientated and also provided insights into workflow and techniques he uses as a professional designer. As recommended, I read the Help file that comes with Affinity designer in conjunction with the course. Ronnie has created example files and practical activities that allow you to practice what you have learned.

I’ve used other video tutorial courses from other sites and consider this course to be on par with the best of them.

I hope this is just the beginning, I’m looking forward to learning more sophisticated techniques that I can achieve with Affinity Designer.

Updated review: Thanks Ronnie for the added lecture on masks.

Glad I joined!

I've only just finished lecture 11, but I'm really getting the hang of Affinity Designer and I'm having FUN at the same time.

Every step is done at a "friendly" speed and practice files and other goodies are provided as you go on.

Frankly, after Lecture 8 I already felt that I had my money's worth, so everything after that, I consider a bonus.

Since I have close to non experience with vector graphics, I was kind of worried, but Ronnie (the teacher) just eases you into "vector land" and it has been a stress free experience so far.

I'll be back when I'm done with the course with a more complete review, but for now ….. I'M GLAD I JOINED!

Excellent course for beginner.

This course has really helped me unlock some of the potential of Affinity designer.

I'm no longer stumbling through the design process now, as I have a much better understanding of how to use the tools available.

The course runs along the lines of creating in the moment, if that makes sense, where I usually prefer a more structured format where there is the allusion of the tutor reading from a script rather than designing as he goes. While this didn't really take away anything from the course I feel that a stricter lesson structure would be needed as these courses progress into the more advanced features of Affinity Designer.

Aside from the course maybe benefiting from a little better editing in some parts to cut out the odd cough, or mistake while designing, which is understandable for the beginning of a tutors journey into online video tutorials, I can honestly say I am really happy with what I've learned along the way.

Ronnie, the tutor was very quick to answer when I posed a question in the discussion and I could tell during the tutorials he is very keen that the students ask if they have any questions or need further explanations about any of the features of Affinity Designer.

[Edit]

Just to give you an update.

I still had a few questions after the course one the subject of making custom shapes by combining more than one basic shape.

I mentioned this to Ronnie, the next thing I know, he has added an extra lesson that answered all my questions.

Now thats what I call aftercare.

Hope to see you in my class Tom and thanks again for considering my course.

Also, I like to add that there is a 30 day money back guarantee on all courses offered through Udemy. So, if you are unsatisfied with my class you can get your money back. I am confident that won't be the case.

I continue to test how well I can extract a decent selection mask from an image.  One of the hardest things to do is extract hair from an image.

Affinity designer ability to extract an object from a picture is quite impressive. 

Affinity-Designer-Mixmediasalad-Image-Ex

I'm new in these parts but I'm interested in finally learning how to use vector drawing software.

I'm taking Ronnie's Udemy course and posted a short review over at Udemy.

Wanted to share it in this thread, too:

"Top class.

I’ve only done the first half or so but can already tell you that this is a very good course.

I did get a 50% discount by using the coupon on Ronnie’s website, but would still be happy if I’d paid full price.

Ronnie really knows his stuff and is one of those people who can not only do but can also teach others to do. His delivery is clear, well paced, and thorough. He’s also responsive to questions and comments. Difficult to think what else you could ask for in any instructor.

He’s given me exactly the sort of confidence I was hoping for (and like I say, I’m only half way through.)

I imagine that someone, somewhere, is writing the first of a whole bunch of introductory books about Affinity Designer. If their plan is to give a beginner as good a grounding as Ronnie gives us in this course then they’re going to have their work cut out in my opinion.

(I might add that I’ve found the quality of courses on Udemy pretty mixed, and requested refunds on several because they either represented really poor value for money or didn’t get close to delivering what they promised. No refund needed on this one, for sure.)

Recommended."

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I’ve now watched the whole course and the final part is every bit as good as the earlier material.

Ronnie takes us through a project, based on his own hand-drawn sketch of a cartoon-style alien creature. Everything from importing a photograph of the sketch through to inking and colouring and applying some pretty cool features, using those tools that he gave us such a thorough introduction to in the earlier videos. So in this part of the course alone we get more than an hour and a quarter of watching an expert do his thing. The commentary is detailed, clear, and well-paced, just like all the stuff we saw earlier on.

We also get useful information on project management - not only the file structure for each project (working files, imports etc) but also the naming and arrangement of layers within any particular AD file. And at the end, since Ronnie can’t contain his enthusiasm for the software, we get a detailed bonus lecture on making pixel selections from a photograph.

If you’re at all serious about learning Affinity Designer you’d almost certainly get an absolute ton of goodness from this course.

If it was ‘Recommended’ before, it’s now ‘Highly Recommended’.

We can only hope that one day, when Udemy get their quality control sorted out, all courses will provide this kind of value.

LIMITED DISCOUNT OFFER!

This your chance to get my course at discount! The first Lucky 10 people to click this link will get my course for $30 USD. This course is 100 dollar value!

And a steal at $50USD. 

Good Luck!

There aren't currently any course available. The Beta came out 2 days ago and it quite an investment in time to start creating a course on an unfinished product. Many things could change. Now with that being said I am working on developing my curriculum for an Affinity Photo course. I will at some point be posting little small demonstration concerning various features. Make sure you sign up to my youtube channel so you receive updates when I post a new videos. 

In the meantime,  I would suggest you look check out the Affinity Designer Video found on Affinity's website. and also check out the videos find on youtube. If you own Designer and you are not familiar with workflow Affinity offers then this is a good place to start to get accustom to how these applications offerings work together. 

Check out my review Affinity Photo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SJKG_8Zdyw and make sure you subscribe. :)

MikefromMesa can you also tell me a little bit about your interest and what exactly you're looking to learn?  You can send me your response in a private message if you prefer.

Check out this video just posted today by Ash one of Affinity in-house designers and product demonstrator.

LIMITED DISCOUNT OFFER!

This your chance to get my course at discount! The first Lucky 10 people to click this link will get my course for $30 USD. This course is 100 dollar value!

And a steal at $50USD. 

Good Luck!

there are 4 coupons left! Make sure you are holdingbone of them!

there are 4 coupons left! Make sure you are holdingbone of them!

There are still 2 coupons left! You still have a chance to enroll in my course. And when the new AD update is released I will be covering all the new features! in my class!

The Last coupon was used but remember you always get 50% off when using the link found by visiting my website and click the link inthe Affinity Designer course discount page www.mixmediasalad.com

Thanks for all those who purchase my course thus far.  :)

I have attempted to purchase your course but your website and the Udemy site will not accept my credit cards (tried 3 different ones, several times) and payment through PayPal (tried once).

Would you please look into this issue? Thank you.

Cyran

Hello, Cyran 

This is the first time I hearing this. Sorry, to hear your having issues. I looked into the issue and found this. https://support.udemy.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1586511-why-won-t-my-payment-go-through-?b_id=3212

If this issue persist please contact support here: support@udemy.com  they should respond within 48 hrs.

Please let me know the status and if they did or did not resolve your issue.

Thank you for your interest in my course. 

-Ronnie 

I have attempted to purchase your course but your website and the Udemy site will not accept my credit cards (tried 3 different ones, several times) and payment through PayPal (tried once).

Would you please look into this issue? Thank you.

Cyran

****NOTE THIS COURSE GET REGULAR  UPDATES.****
     THE LAST LECTURE BONUS UPDATE WAS POSTED  3/4/2015 

• 2 weeks later...

Made a whiney request that I would have just deleted, if that were an option.

Half-Off is a very good deal on that course.  I'll wait till that's in my budget.

It is ok maybe this deal will fit your budget, but hurry there are only 10 coupon at this $ 37 dollar price and this offer will Expires March 20th at midnight..  I hope your one of the 10!

Here is the link: http://bit.ly/SB154u

I'm in Ronnie. Looking forward for great lessons!

Great! Thank you for your support! See you in class Stanley!

Jed,

Thank you for asking. I get this question quite often. The answer you seek can be found here in my blog: http://mixmediasalad.com/?p=1821

Thank you for your support  too!

-R

Just wanted to say that I'm really liking this course.  It's everything I hoped it would be.  Clear, concise, well-explained, and actions are not only explained but shown.  And then there are the shortcuts and tips that come from experience.  Glad I finally signed up.

LilleG,

I'm so glad to hear all of what you said. I was shooting for all those points, so I'm glad that I hit the mark for you. I would appreciate if you could copy and paste those words in a review along with your rating of my course. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and feelings with me. I equally glad you got your hands on that coupon.