You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

NEW! AFFINITY DESIGNER VIDEO TRAINING COURSE

FYI: I am currently recording new videos covering some of the new features and updates found in the Affinity Designer 1.2 update. Purchase my course once and get updated videos when the application gets updated. You can't get that out of a one time download.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to have you Muddypawco. Thank you for your support! Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Ronnie 

• 1 month later...

Rachjones0204

Yes, the discount offered through my website still stands. Looking forward to having you.

Cheers,

Ronnie 

I really happy with the enrollment and the honest and informative reviews I received from my students! If you are still on the fence about my course just read the reviews.

https://www.udemy.com/the-beginners-guide-to-affinity-designer/?dtcode=6NVDWES2Zxq8the course is 99 dollars, but you always get 50% off by enrolling through my website.

I look forward  to having you in my class. I like to give thanks to all those who have enrolled in my course already.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used this course. I did not complete the project because that is not the kind of things I like to do. But I must say that I have learned a lot by using this course. The other thing that I think I should point out is that once you buy the course it is always available to you unlike Lynda. Udemy has no monthly fees. You pay for a course and you can always go back for what you might have forgotten.

Okay a lot of words to simply say I highly recommend this course. Ronnie has done a super job. Not too fast, not too slow, well spoken and easy explanations. Thanks

I have used this course. I did not complete the project because that is not the kind of things I like to do. But I must say that I have learned a lot by using this course. The other thing that I think I should point out is that once you buy the course it is always available to you unlike Lynda. Udemy has no monthly fees. You pay for a course and you can always go back for what you might have forgotten.

Okay a lot of words to simply say I highly recommend this course. Ronnie has done a super job. Not too fast, not too slow, well spoken and easy explanations. Thanks

Thank You so much, Mireille! I am glad to hear you are getting a lot out of my course. I created this course in hopes that It would help people come to grips with he amazing application. I really am glad to hear that even though you have not completed the project you are still learned a lot, that to me is the most important! I don't care if my students can replicate the projects or not I just want them grasp the concepts and apply them to their own interests or style of work. I am very glad to hear you like the pacing and explanations!

I have over 400 students taking my course and I am starting to recognize  the students who are most active in my course and engage me and ask questions. Being able to ask questions and get answers is another plus about the Udemy platform as opposed to Lynda.com. I believe a few weeks ago you asked a question about joining lines. Is that right Mirelle? Unlike other online courses, you actually get student/teacher engagement with my course. I answer every question posted. I have a no creative left behind policy! Also, at times I find other students answer questions that have been posted. Unlike other online platforms, there is an opportunity to really connect share and make new relationships and contacts through a common interest.

Thank you for your support!

Ronnie 

• 3 weeks later...

I get a few questions asked of me every week  and some of them are repetitive so you can read my response here:

http://mixmediasalad.com/?p=1821

Please take a moment to read if you have any questions after feel free to message me here.

Cheers!

• 9 months later...

Hello, everyone.

Many of  you have Lynda.com accounts and are looking for some training on Affinity Designer to help you get up to speed. Well, I would like to let you all know that there now is an Affinity Designer Course  on Lynda.com created by yours truly. If you already have taken my Affinity Designer course on Udemy you find that  the content I supply here is new and reflects new topics that cover the features found in the latest 1.4 update. Thank you all for the support I hope you will find the course useful. 

Affinity Designer Essential Training
with: Ronnie McBride

http://www.lynda.com/Page-Layout-tutorials/Affinity-Designer-Essential-Training/429633-2.html

Course Description:

Looking for a compelling alternative to Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW? Affinity Designer is a powerful and affordable vector-design application mixed with pixel-based texture and retouching tools—all in one easy-to-use interface. It was created with the professional-level features that any artist, designer, or illustrator needs to execute high-quality results.

Here Ronnie McBride introduces new students to the workflows and tools required to get them up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with Affinity Designer's workspaces, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes.  After completing this course, students will feel more confident and proficient at using Affinity Designer in their own work.

Topics Include:
Creating a new document
Setting up margins, guides, and grids
Drawing vector lines and shapes
Using the Pen tool
Creating and editing text
Scaling and rotating objects
Selecting areas and color ranges
Using layer masks
Adding layer effects and adjustment layers
Creating new brushes
Exporting your work

Duration:
2h 37m

• 1 month later...

Dear Ronnie, 

I have crossed by coincidence with your course in udemy. It is the original? Can I buy it now? Or better wait until you publish another one? or go to lynda.com?l

Hello Baal_uriel

You can purchase either course. The course on Udemy was my first course. I created that one when affinity was version 1.2 I am in the process of adding new content for that course to reflect some of the new features in version 1.4, but all the existing content in that course covers all the basic tools and covers techniques that an illustrator / designer would use. I just released my lynda course. the focus of that course was for beginners and much of the content tent and topics cover are more so focused on graphic designers /artist. Both courses are for the Beginners and covers many of the same topics but from those two point of views. You would not be at a disadvantage from taking either course. The udemy course is a 1-time fee and you own access to that course for life. Also,there is a message board and an area to ask questions of me or other students in the course. The course on Lynda is a subscription service you can sign up and not only will you have access to my course but you will have access to the entire lynda catalog. By signing up to lynda you have access to the affinity photo course as well. that course was created by another author. Hopefully, I gave you enough to make a decision.

Cheer and Thank you!

Ronnie 

Hello Baal_uriel

You can purchase either course. The course on Udemy was my first course. I created that one when affinity was version 1.2 I am in the process of adding new content for that course to reflect some of the new features in version 1.4, but all the existing content in that course covers all the basic tools and covers techniques that an illustrator / designer would use. I just released my lynda course. the focus of that course was for beginners and much of the content tent and topics cover are more so focused on graphic designers /artist. Both courses are for the Beginners and covers many of the same topics but from those two point of views. You would not be at a disadvantage from taking either course. The udemy course is a 1-time fee and you own access to that course for life. Also,there is a message board and an area to ask questions of me or other students in the course. The course on Lynda is a subscription service you can sign up and not only will you have access to my course but you will have access to the entire lynda catalog. By signing up to lynda you have access to the affinity photo course as well. that course was created by another author. Hopefully, I gave you enough to make a decision.

Cheer and Thank you!

Ronnie 

Wow!! Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer me! sadly Im from Venezuela and dollars are a very very rare item down here (at least for normal people) and the lynda course, for now is out of my league, but I will buy the undemy course, and ask you all the doubts that may arise.

Thanks 

Wow!! Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer me! sadly Im from Venezuela and dollars are a very very rare item down here (at least for normal people) and the lynda course, for now is out of my league, but I will buy the undemy course, and ask you all the doubts that may arise.

Thanks 

You are welcome and thank you for considering my course. If you have any questions feel free to ask. All the best and I look forward to seeing you in my course.

- Cheers

• 1 year later...
On 5/4/2016 at 6:47 PM, baal_uriel said:

Thanks 

Sometimes you can get a free week-longtrial of lynda.com either directly from their site or through LinkedIn. Not sure if those will work in Venezuela, but worth checking :) If it does work, prepare to binge. haha

2019 MacBook Pro 16” | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2018 iPad Pro 12.9” | Apple Pencil 2 | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

Years with Affinity: 5 ❤️ https://www.instagram.com/cealcrest/

FEATURE WISH LIST  Vector Mesh Tool    Shape Builder Tool   🥚True Vector Brushes   🥚Vector Pattern Fill  🥚Studio Link in All Apps

APP WISH LIST  Publisher   🥚2D Animation/Video

• 5 years later...