You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

NEW! AFFINITY DESIGNER VIDEO TRAINING COURSE

Flint-Final-.jpg

NEW! AFFINITY DESIGNER VIDEO COURSE

Finally, I can share my big news with all of you! For the past month I have worked on creating an online course. Affinity designer (AD) is one of the most unusual and truly accessible applications around. There are so many uses for it and though it is a super easy to learn I am still finding that some people are not fully sure how to use it.  I think userCartoonMike saw this and he put together a great tutorial called the pumpkin tutorial that helped a lot of people.  If you knew what kind of time it takes to put together a tutorial you understand what he did really stems from passion  love he has for the community and Affinity Designer! I hope he does more because his tutorial is rather good and a work of art in its own right. If you have not seen that tutorial then definitely go download the PDF and give it a go!

was inspired by the idea teaching and felt I too have some talent, skills, and experience to share.  I too want to help other creative and artist like myself, reach their full potential. I started with the my Mixmediasalad Youtube Channel 5 weeks ago and I did it in tandem of creating my full online class. I was curious to know if I was doing the right thing and if there was an interest. I was not sure anyone would tolerate the sound of my voice or just found the information useful at all.  Well I can put those worries behind me because the response has amazed, excited, and inspired me.

Anyway, I wanted to say thank you all so much for your critiques, compliments and support! I like to show you all some love with 74% off Christmas launch discount. I know is sounds crazy but I really want as many people as possible to benefit from the class. I also want this class to be the best you have taken and I really want to hear your opinion on what you like to see in more advance course.  This is not just a download watch type of training you also get me as your instructor that means you can ask questions, get reviews & critiques, and help from someone with professional experience as well as someone who cares. I am sure by the end of my course you will have mastered the essential principles and features of Affinity Designer. When you complete this course, you will walk away with at least 1 portfolio pieces, and some free goodies, and few techniques under your belt.

Give this course a go. Signing up on Udemdy's easy and I've been a member of that site for some time now. 

I'm gonna scrounge around the couch* and find some spare change and get that course myself. :D Hey, for a sawbuck, getting a real good deal! 

*Everything's inside/behind couches, lost time, sanity and such...one time I found a gerbil super-civilization under the cushions and helped them build a rocket to mars, but that's another story...

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

Give this course a go. Signing up on Udemdy's easy and I've been a member of that site for some time now. 

I'm gonna scrounge around the couch* and find some spare change and get that course myself. :D Hey, for a sawbuck, getting a real good deal! 

*Everything's inside/behind couches, lost time, sanity and such...one time I found a gerbil super-civilization under the cushions and helped them build a rocket to mars, but that's another story...

Awesome! Thanks Mike! for your continued support! You are a true asset to the community! I am look forward to seeing you in the class!

Cheers!

Can't wait to have the time to start the course (maybe this weekend...). And I should add that Udemy has an iPad app that's great to use in conjunction with having the main mac running AD. Better than switching between apps on the mac. 

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

@CartoonMike Glad to see that I'm not the only one who does that (bought a stand for the iPad JUST for that purpose)

@ronniemcbride Go get 'em, man! I'm in! Thank you for this course...

Thanks for your support! Catch you in the class

Nice Intro for the course. And the sound of your voice isn't annoying at all!

Good luck with it.

Thank you for the king words of encouragement!

Just signed up  :)

Cant wait to learn more about AD

Glad to have have you!  Looking forward to your feed back!

Ronnie, till when does the discount offer stand?

Dutch

edit: it's okay… I already signed up!  See you "in class"

iMac : 2.3 Ghz Dual-Core  intel Core i5
Affinity Designer 2.0.3 : Affinity Publisher  2.0.0 : Affinity Photo 2.0.0

Ronnie, till when does the discount offer stand?

Dutch

edit: it's okay… I already signed up!  See you "in class"

Thanks Dutch for your support! Yes, See you in class!

Good luck with this venture Ronnie! You seem to be a natural at spreading the good news...  :)

THANK YOU Retrograde! I just want to make sure I leave no stone uncovered as they say. I really love this application and want to make sure as many people as possible can take advantage of the course discount before it expires. The early adopters seem to be really happy so far and I have not heard any complaints yet. I really put a lot of love and work into this class so its good to hear from satisfied student! I hope it continues and if it does I will be sure to update my class as the application updates it functionality. Ther nothing worse than paying for an outdated content although I did focus on core features, workflow and technique in my class. Anyway, when the new update comes out I will be quick to make sure my material will be updated soon after. I am really excited about all this, if you couldn't tell already haha!

Hey All,

Just finished Ronnie's course on AD, I'm no longer in the dark LOL.

A brilliant course as far as I'm concerned, I learned so much. I'm more of a learn by watching and experimenting than reading about things, guess thats why I enjoyed it so much.

I'm off to build something now...

Thanks

Wayne

OS X Yosemite on a 2014 15" MacBook Pro Retina 2.2 GHz i7 16GB Intel Iris Pro 1536MB

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Hey All,

Just finished Ronnie's course on AD, I'm no longer in the dark LOL.

A brilliant course as far as I'm concerned, I learned so much. I'm more of a learn by watching and experimenting than reading about things, guess thats why I enjoyed it so much.

I'm off to build something now...

Thanks

Wayne

Thank you for taking the course. I am so glad you are out of the dark. I am also very glad to hear you enjoyed my teaching style. I am looking forward to seeing what you build now..... Please keep in touch!

Hey all,

Well this is my first attempt at designing with AD. Still got a long way to go but you got start somewhere  :)

Gorillas-Face-v3-450.png

OS X Yosemite on a 2014 15" MacBook Pro Retina 2.2 GHz i7 16GB Intel Iris Pro 1536MB

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

I think you are off to a great start! I love how you used the grass like brush for the hair. Nice job so far. By the way I uploaded a new video lecture to the course to answer your question.

Hope that helps :)

I would love to know who taking my course? It would be nice to know the real names behind the avatars! Don't be shy :) 

Hello Chris! It nice to see your face when you are not wearing your ninja suit! lol Nice to meet you. Great! Let me know if ya need anything explained further. 

Cheers and don't forget to rate the course when you are done. :)

Ronnie, I will be signing up for your course for sure. But I have to wait until the beginning of February, since in the mean time (starting today) I won't have access to my computer.

BTW :

I took a look at your Timelapse tut, but I must say that I by far prefer a tutorial with a voice-over explanation, instead of just music.

Without the voice over I am simply unable to follow what's going on on the screen.

You have a beautiful voice : use it !!

That offer : is that 1 may 2015, or 5 january 2015 ( european date format is : dd/mm/yyyy, hence my question)

Thank you for all your efforts so far

Ronnie, I will be signing up for your course for sure. But I have to wait until the beginning of February, since in the mean time (starting today) I won't have access to my computer.

BTW :

I took a look at your Timelapse tut, but I must say that I by far prefer a tutorial with a voice-over explanation, instead of just music.

Without the voice over I am simply unable to follow what's going on on the screen.

You have a beautiful voice : use it !!

That offer : is that 1 may 2015, or 5 january 2015 ( european date format is : dd/mm/yyyy, hence my question)

Thank you for all your efforts so far

Glad to hear you are signing up for my course. I don't think you have anything to worry about when it comes to following along at least that what seems to be the general consensus of other students taking my class. I am confident that you will be able to follow along in my course.

Thank you for watching my Timelapse Video tutorial. That video has a specific purpose. It took me about 2 hours maybe 3 of experimentation. I don't think its the type of thing you watch to follow along. It purpose is to show you what happens during a 2-3 hour session in 2-3 minutes. It more of a pleasure for people to watch and see how a project can take shape with some experimentation overtime. I do realize music is also subjective in these sort of videos but have you ever watched these things with no sound? Try turning the sound off it's a different experience. Also, music is just an added extension of my taste, it is not for everybody nor can I please everyone with my choice but I can either attract or push people away with it. Like I said, I can't please everyone but I can bring joy to people who appreciate it. 

Although, people do watch my video some people don't watch all 15-20 minutes of a tutorial ( which is  a bit for free)  So, I will be mixing it up. Would you believe that video is one of my top videos and on other social media platforms? I have one that 15 seconds long on another platform and that one get "liked" like crazy. This internet thing is nuts. Time-lapse videos are only a another type of gateway entry into some of my other tutorials that I offer for free on my YouTube channel. Have you seen my other videos on my YouTube channel?  I think they would be more to your liking. Check out my channel automatic playlist

My paid class is focus for beginner and people transitioning from other similar applications and you will benefit from my approach and experience. I do a lot of explaining in my tutorials because I want to make sure people understand the why along with the how. 

Hopefully I have not pushed you away with my explanation, but since you like my voice I think I have done the opposite.Thank you for that compliment. I am happy to have you in my class and I look forward to helping and supporting  your ability push your art and knowledge forward to new levels.

The discount ends January 5th 2015. 

And you are very welcome!

Just thought i'd post the final version of the Owl i made as part of lesson 19. This is the third version, the changes between the first and third couldn't be more extreme lol

Owl_Peacock-5000px.png