You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, I cut out an image that I wanted to separate from a background so I could make a PNG file out of it to use as a logo mark. I think recolored the whole image a dark steel blue. I found a couple of areas that I wanted to clone some of the existing image to, and a few areas I wanted to erase. Cleaning up details and edges. 

When I did this, the replacement color was the original almost black and white color, the image looks fine, what I wanted, but it did not pick up the recolor hue... how do a spot reapply this to the areas of the image I've added via cloning tool?

Thanks, Timber

Good point, see attached screen shot, magnified, the forward ear of the horse has some cloned areas in to fill it in. Even though I cloned the colorized area... they appear black and white and not colorized. Yes... it's a rough pixelated image.

post-8647-0-00642700-1490924107_thumb.png

The comments above brought up the following thought in my mind -"Is the black color in a color image the same as the black color in a black and white image?" If asked, I would guess "NO" - but only because when desaturating a black color in a color image to nil (0), it doesn't change appearance.  However, I feel that there really is a better answer.

Hi Timber,

I must confess I am not entirely clear about your process. How did you “recolor” your image? Did you use a Recolor adjustment layer? If so, are you sure the adjustment layer is actually affecting your clones? However, cloning parts of a layer that is affected by a Recolor adjustment should always result in cloning those parts as affected by the layer …

So could you please describe, step by step, how you arrived at your result? 

Thanks, Alex  :)