You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

import / export .sketch format support

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just to add my 2p to the conversation, that would be a great thing to be able to do.

I must say that you guys really helped me with a smooth transition from Adobe Illustrator to Designer because of the seamless import abilities of your software for .ai files. I know of a good few people in our office (who are predominantly Sketch users) who would probably give Designer a bash if they could open all their previous work with ease.

I know that the route from Illustrator > Designer is a bit different than Sketch > Designer, but it may be something worth considering.

• 2 months later...

If you could retro-engineer this it would be really great !

PS. I was about to open Apple iOS Sketch files to import some element in AD but discovered that Sketch also went the subscription way and the files are not compatible with my older version :(

I would strongly advise you to contact Apple’s team and suggest that they add AD iOS templates to their ressources. I know you already have iOS 10 assets in the app but it would help if those where official and seing Affinity Designer next to Photoshop, Sketch and Adobe XD would definitely get you new users and further establish you as a solid alternative.

Since I was begging for PSD text export since day one I'd really love to see Sketch support coming instead. This would fill the gap between Mac only and Windows only Designers and collaboration would be possible. It doesn't have to be perfect, but sharing my designs as Sketch files so that the devs can inspect them in Zeplin, Avocode or Sketch Preview would be just awesome. 

Thanks in advance!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is almost a recurring gag, but, as a workaround, you can use Adobe XD (for free), as it can open .SKETCH files.

Best regards!