You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Import Styles every time I open Affinity Designer?

Hello,

This is my first message here. I am trying to understand the behavior of the Styles.

Every time I open Affinity Designer I found only the Default Styles and I have to re-import all the other custom styles (found in forums or made by me).

I have found no way to "fix" the styles in the Styles menu, to have them permanently, without importing every time (very boring).

When the styles panel is open, there is a menu pop up at the top right. There are options for importing styles,  creating a category to store your own. etc. You can also create a new style from a selected object, and the rename it.  

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Ok, but when I quit Affinity Designer and I re-open it all the imported styles disappear.

And then I have to import them again. Not only, if I add a new Style in my user category, I have to save (export) it immediately because if I quit AD that new style is lost.

Very annoying.

I would like to keep the Styles in the Styles menu without reimporting them every time I open Affinity Designer.

Which OS are you using? Mac or Windows? Do you have installed the program to its default location or to a custom location?

I work on a MacPro 2013, El Capitan.

Affinity Designer and Photo (both updated to the last versions) are in the Application folder.

Hmm, I too use AD under El Capitan and the styles there are internally kept and always reshown during repetitive AD sessions. But wait I recall these are mostly own created styles in my case, meaning they are not imported and instead own created ones. - I will check this when I'm back on the Mac side to see how it behaves with other imported styles (I'm actually on the Win machines and thus can't try out now).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

The disappearing of the user styles at reopening happens with imported Styles (from other users who posted the files attached to some messages here) and with my own styles, created while working on a project.

(...)

I tried again Quit and Open AD.

This time something changed in the Styles.

Here is the situation before quitting, the red arrows are the Styles sets I made:

post-4027-0-39735000-1490886053_thumb.jpg

After quit and re-open AD, some Styles sets are still there, but not all:

post-4027-0-29099600-1490886068_thumb.jpg

The "Diego" set (my name) is not the last version with many more styles. It is the first version I made yesterday. Very strange.

No ideas?

I still have random behaviors in the Styles window when I open Affinity Designer.

Sometime I find the last set of Styles I saved, sometime not.

Every time I have to re-import almost all the Styles set (my creations or shared by other users).

There are other strange things (mostly resize levels) but I will write another message.