Sign in to follow this  
MamaBear2017

Still using PagePlus X6 - what to do now?

OK, I'm a bit behind the times. :D  I bought X6 years ago, which I use for doing Affidavits for my part time home business.

But this PC is getting old and flaky and it was a mistake upgrading from Windows 7 to 10, last July. BIG mistake!

So I have a refurbed newer PC on the side, with Windows 8.1 and need to transfer to that one.

But I see that PagePlus is being dropped. :blink:

So what do I get for the refurbed PC now, and WILL it be able to use and edit all my files from X6?

Change is scary. :wacko:

Hi MamaBear2017,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Currently there's no equivalent application from the Affinity line able to replace PagePlus functionality. We do intend to release an application for desktop publishing later  - Affinity Publisher - but it will still take quite a few time until its ready. Its initial release will also not cover all PagePlus functionality since we are building the whole Affinity line from scratch. Affinity Designer can be used for publishing projects - like posters, flyers etc - but its not indicated for works relying on large blocks of text (there's no text flow between text frames). Affinity apps also don't support legacy formats like PagePlus files. You have to export them as PDF files to be able to import their contents into Affinity applications. One option you may want to consider is buying PagePlus X9. Despite being a legacy application its still quite capable and it's quite cheap currently.

I'm getting different answers from different sources, looking to clarify- I've used PagePlus for years, my whole company is based around its files. Am I to understand that it has been discontinued and nothing is being created that would be compatible with those files?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, NauticalMile. :)

PagePlus (along with the rest of the 'Plus' range of software) has indeed been discontinued, but a second patch for PPX9 is currently in public beta. PagePlus will continue to function as before, and Serif are committed to patching X9 if Microsoft breaks something while they are still selling it. As MEB has indicated, Affinity Publisher will not be able to open PagePlus Project (*.ppp) files.

I use PagePlus X7 and recently moved everything to a Windows 10 system.  I've had no technical problems and Serif's support guys were excellent when it came to tracking down a couple of lost licenses.  I think the worst that can happen to you is that you have to upgrade to X9 - £19.99!