You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi!

I have seen multiple people request animation tools in Affinity Designer but some said it would be too complex. However it's more and more a requirement for UI Designers so I was wondering if Affinity had a plan to compete with After Affects.

As they are already taking over photoshop, illustrator and later inDesign, sounds like another good take from Affinity :)

And with good compatibility with After Effect file format, it could be great to work with Airbnb Lottie.

https://github.com/airbnb/lottie-ios/blob/master/README.md

Cheers

• 4 years later...

+1 for the ability to create Lottie files using Affinity software

Four years later, and there's still no viable alternative to AAF to create Lottie files. Back then it didn't make much sense from a business perspective, but now that big site builders like Elementor support the format, the case might be different.

My request, please look into it. You would still be the only actual alternative and very likely do a better job too.

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2021 at 6:14 AM, Verdi said:

You would still be the only actual alternative and very likely do a better job too.

Although it's nowhere near as full-featured as After Effects, I've used Keyshape to create Lottie animations for web and mobile projects recently, and it's a surprisingly good tool for the hobbyist or occasional animator. That said, I'd definitely be all-in on an Affinity Animation package.

9 hours ago, MFahyDev said:

Although it's nowhere near as full-featured as After Effects, I've used Keyshape to create Lottie animations for web and mobile projects recently, and it's a surprisingly good tool for the hobbyist or occasional animator. That said, I'd definitely be all-in on an Affinity Animation package.

On 3/28/2017 at 9:44 AM, Dams said:

Hi!

I have seen multiple people request animation tools in Affinity Designer but some said it would be too complex. However it's more and more a requirement for UI Designers so I was wondering if Affinity had a plan to compete with After Affects.

As they are already taking over photoshop, illustrator and later inDesign, sounds like another good take from Affinity :)

And with good compatibility with After Effect file format, it could be great to work with Airbnb Lottie.

https://github.com/airbnb/lottie-ios/blob/master/README.md

Cheers

On 9/15/2021 at 5:14 AM, Verdi said:

Four years later, and there's still no viable alternative to AAF to create Lottie files. Back then it didn't make much sense from a business perspective, but now that big site builders like Elementor support the format, the case might be different.

My request, please look into it. You would still be the only actual alternative and very likely do a better job too.

Serif has a section for posting Suggestions and Feature Requests. This section is for posing questions for problems with their apps. It probably should have been moved to the appropriate section 4 yrs ago. While this thread is not long, popular requests can become very long, as time goes on, more people post their support, a request in the wrong section and probably won't get any attention at all.

The Developers do not read all posts in all the different sections. They will look through those in the Suggestions and Features. So they simply ask that you search for topics that might already be posted and post your support to those first. IF none can be found in that section, then start one with your request.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD