You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Making a watermark if you don't have Affinity Designer

I am trying to learn Affinity Photo and hoped to be able to create a watermark on all photos (as apparently you can with Lightroom).  I do not have Affinity Designer as don't think I need or would use it.  Is there another way to create a watermark (eg. with Word), import it into Affinity Photo , store it as a brush and add it to photos (individually if that is the only way)?

Hi aldvm

Welcome to the forum :)

You could create a watermark in Affinity Photo, If you open the app and select Document > Transparent Background and then use the Text Tool to create your watermark. You can then apply transparency to the text and then export it (File>Export) as a PNG. You can then use this in Affinity Photo in other projects by clicking File > Place. 

• 6 months later...
On 28/03/2017 at 0:03 PM, v_kyr said:

So, everyone seems to direct people towards these links, and that works. My question is different: Is there a way to just get Affinity Photo to watermark your images when exporting them? You know... like Lightroom does. Sometimes take pics at some events and going through them photo by photo is not something I wanna do, just to add a watermark. 

octavian thanks for the links, and while the OP has perhaps haad his answer, I have a follow up question, which is open to anyone;

In order to add a brush for a watermark once finished, does that watermark have to be created in AD, that is, Affinity Designer?

Light, Subject, Focus, DOF, Background, Edit, Learn

59ef645ca6e4e_IMG_7558LightBeneathFAAcopy300x100.jpg.d53988f0690ebe508047421cdc137023.jpg

On 28/03/2017 at 11:17 AM, JFisher said:

Hi aldvm

Welcome to the forum :)

You could create a watermark in Affinity Photo, If you open the app and select Document > Transparent Background and then use the Text Tool to create your watermark. You can then apply transparency to the text and then export it (File>Export) as a PNG. You can then use this in Affinity Photo in other projects by clicking File > Place. 

Thanks for your reply on the other thread. I played with batches a little bit. 
I also tried this suggestion of yours (created the png file and so on), but I am not sure how to tell Affinity photo, when creating the macro, to place the signature in the same corner of the photo, regardless of the resolution or portrait vs landscape mode.
I have photos both in landscape mode and in portrait mode in the same batch, and when I created the macro in which I placed the signature in the lower right corner of a photo in portrait mode, for the ones in landscape mode it must have placed them outside the photo - so it didn't actually place a signature on the photo. Also if some photos were cropped previously (in Digital Photo Professional) it placed the signature at a wrong place. 
I assume it placed them at the same coordinates, in pixels, as in the photo used to create the macro, which did not correspond to the right placement for other photos. 
Is here a tutorial for this? Can you maybe elaborate your answer on how to do this right? 

Thanks in advance! 

Octavian