VanHeber

Affinity Publisher compatibility

Hi,

I like to create a little magazine, some few pages. But, we don't haver Affinity Publisher yet! So, can I use Affinity Designer from now? Can I import then from Designer into Publisher when arrived?

Thanks a lot,

Yes, you can. The whole idea behind the Affinity suite is that the applications share a common file format, with the .af* filename extension simply identifying the originating app. And in much the same way as Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo can use features that can only be added in the other application, both AD and APh will be able to use linked text frames and other features added in Affinity Publisher.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.1 (iPad Air 2)

So many of us are frustrated with the announced delay in publisher's release.  I suggest that affinity use a kickstarter campaign to bring in the funds needed to speed development.  Until then, I guess I need an Indesign subscription and need to purchase  Velum and Calibre. 

The non-appearance of Affinity Publisher (Mac version) is indeed really frustrating, but so too is Affinity's silence. Adobe InDesign is a wonderful program but for occasional users it's far too expensive – at getting on for £20 per month it's outrageous for anyone who's not actually earning a living from it.

What everyone is looking for is a publishing app that we can buy outright, and not at Adobe prices. If it costs £100-£150, though, so be it. (Although low prices attract far more 'let's gove it a try, there's not a lot to lose' customers.)

If Affinity is close to admitting defeat on this, I think we'd all rather know. This isn't fair.

Serif, not Affinity, wasn't silent for the first bazillion threads about Affinity Publisher. It is taking longer than anyone wants. That includes Serif.

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.