furtonb

Document ,,jumping" (Both APhoto, and the Photos Extension)

Hey guys,

This is something that's been bothering me since I've started using Affinity Photo and the Photos Extension.

When I make adjustments for an open document, and I move my cursor back and forth, the picture pans randomly.

See the attached screencap about this (I randomly grabbed sliders to reproduce the issue, because it doesn't always happen), it happens quite a few times: the first one is around 0:07.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/27soh2icm73p4h9/extension%20jumping%20picture.mov?dl=0

A similar thing happens with sliders in Affinity Photo: when I release on of the adjustments, and start to pan the picture, the slider moves instead. It does happen when I move to another slider and try to adjust that.

I couldn't grab it on screen right now, if I have some more time, I will post it.

(This is with a ,,magic" mouse, with a Wacom Intuos 5 tablet it was even more frequent.)

Best regards,

Balázs

MBP 15" + iPad Pro 10,5"

macOS High Sierra 10.14 | iOS 13 | latest Affinity Photo & Designer & Publisher (and Betas)

it just came to my mind, that I'm using MagicPrefs for the trackpad and the mouse, maybe that's causing the issue (?)

MBP 15" + iPad Pro 10,5"

macOS High Sierra 10.14 | iOS 13 | latest Affinity Photo & Designer & Publisher (and Betas)

it just came to my mind, that I'm using MagicPrefs for the trackpad and the mouse, maybe that's causing the issue (?)

That could very well be what is causing it! Have you tried it without MagicPrefs running/installed?

I've just installed it myself and was able to reproduce the movement, disabling MagicPrefs stopped it from occuring. I would advise contacting the developer of MagicPrefs and let them know.

Thanks for confirming!

I've just turned it off, and works properly.

(Unfortunately I cannot live without MagicPrefs due to 3D applications that are my main tools for work, turning it on and off could work though. Just kidding, I will contact them!)

MBP 15" + iPad Pro 10,5"