Sign in to follow this  
Iceberger

Rectangle shape with brush border - how?

Hello guys,

I am on Affinity Photo, making a shape (rectangle). I would like to make border with brush, so that it looks like it was hand-painted. But I only can do line border. I can adjust thickness, etc, but when I click Brush option, nothing happens. Any ideas on what I am missing or how to do it?

THANK YOU SO MUCH for any tip or advise.

Paul

If the whole document is the rectangle you should be able to grab the brush tool and any brush and paint. If the rectangle is in a document AP makes a new layer when you grab the brush tool. Move it down and right to make it a child of the layer and paint away.

I think the OP wants to apply a texture line style to the existing stroke. With the Rectangle Tool selected, the options on the Context toolbar make it look as though we can do this, but pressing the 'Texture Line Style' button on the stroke attributes flyout seems to have no effect.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

I think the OP wants to apply a texture line style to the existing stroke. With the Rectangle Tool selected, the options on the Context toolbar make it look as though we can do this, but pressing the 'Texture Line Style' button on the stroke attributes flyout seems to have no effect.

Yeah, that was my impression too.

post-29590-0-77450200-1490644620_thumb.png

If I'm not mistaken, I think this only works with Vector brushes and so unfortunately I don't think it works in Affinity Photo as it only has raster brushes?

If I'm not mistaken, I think this only works with Vector brushes and so unfortunately I don't think it works in Affinity Photo as it only has raster brushes?

Yeah, that was my impression too. (How's that for originality?)

The option should really be disabled in the UI if it isn't applicable.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)