You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I'm really excited to join the Affinity community!
I''ve been a Photoshop user for quite some time and have developed some habits I'd like to replicate in Affinity if possible.
I've listed some of them below. Hopefully it's not too overwhelming...

- I like the ALT+RMB shortcut so resize the brush in PS (left/right) AND adjust the pressure (up/down). Can it be setup in the preferences?

- I can't seem to find a file size in the export Persona: did I miss it?

I like the CTRL+Z unlimited undo: is it really unlimited or is there a max number of undo steps?

That would be all for now I guess!
Thanks a lot for reading until now!

Have a nice day!
Nicolas

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Nicolas, welcome to the Affinity Forum.

Sorry this post was missed  :unsure:

1. You can change the size and hardness with Alt+LMB+RMB

2. It isn't currently possible, however I have read that this may come in time with other improvements

3. You can use the Undo feature as much as you want. If you save the History in the document from File > Save History With Document you can even close a file, reopen it and undo any changes :)

Hi Nicolas, welcome to the Affinity Forum.

Sorry this post was missed  :unsure:

1. You can change the size and hardness with Alt+LMB+RMB

2. It isn't currently possible, however I have read that this may come in time with other improvements

3. You can use the Undo feature as much as you want. If you save the History in the document from File > Save History With Document you can even close a file, reopen it and undo any changes :)

Hey! Thank you very much for the precious shortcut! ;p

It seems like any answer automatically leads to more questions though... :)

Is there a shortcut to only show one specific layer (ALT+LMB in Photoshop)?

I find my selections with the wand are very jagged as if no antialiasing was applied: is antialiasing an option with the wand?

Anyway, thank you very much for your previous answers: some of my initial frustrations vanished and I re-opened Affinity!

• Staff

There isn't currently a shortcut to hide all layers apart from one specific layer but this has been requested a number of times in the Feature Request section. You are welcome to post your own or second an existing post.

Ctrl+Alt+R should bring up the Refine dialog where you can make your selection adjustments. 

If you go to MEB's website there is a shortcut section for the apps across both platforms which may help you in your endeavours :)