Sign in to follow this  
SaucyWeeTart

[By Design] Retail Version Required...

MAS update 1.5.5 was uploaded to App store on 22nd March and incorporated all fixes in beta 2 so use the MAS version as of this date there are no beta's that are newer.  to same goes for Affinity Photo MAS 1.5.2 uploaded 22 March is latest so use these and delete the beta's

Yea, I thought so. So I will have to wait until they update the beta before I can use it? Surely that's not the intended functionality.

This is intended as the App Store version has caught up with the beta so there would be no point using the beta instead of the retail version :)

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

This is intended as the App Store version has caught up with the beta so there would be no point using the beta instead of the retail version :)

Hmm, but what if I was still wanting to test out the beta whilst still using the updated MAS version? For bug reports etc...

Hi MEB,

Ok, thanks for that. It just seems that it's a bit of a band aid approach to an issue which needs some more investigation. If not, why would you guys try and troubleshoot the issue in the following thread if it was intended?

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/9020-afd-beta-12024974-retail-version-required/

Thanks.

Hi SaucyWeeTart,

There wasn't nothing to troubleshoot there. It was me who didn't noted the Beta version number at the time and thus tried to troubleshoot the issue by mistake.

The process goes like this: all new features are implemented/tested in the Beta. As soon as it becomes stable it's submitted to the Mac App Store. When the user updates the Mac App Store version (with all fixes/improvements that were being tested in the Beta), the Beta stops working. Only the next one (new cycle) will work again.

Hi SaucyWeeTart,

There's wasn't nothing to troubleshoot there. It was me who didn't noted the Beta version number at the time and thus tried to troubleshoot the issue by mistake.

The process goes like this: all new features are implemented texted in the Beta. As soon as it becomes stable it's submitted to the Mac App Store. When the user updates the Mac App Store version (with all fixes/improvements that were being tested in the Beta), the Beta stops working. Only the next one (new cycle) will work again.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.