You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

though I'm absolutely enthusiastic about the existing affinity products, I really miss a proper file/image management system in Photo.

I could create a useful folder structure on my own and I'd be happy to "simulate" albums.

But Aperture and Lightroom keeps RAW files and all their alterations stacked.

It's absolutely possible, I overlooked that feature so far.

Is there a way to do so in Photo?

If not: What image management tools are you using to compensate? 

If there is a way to do so (and after Publisher is finished), I totally look forward to switch to affinity products completely.

Thanks for your help.

Georg

• Staff

Hi Georg,

Welcome to the Forums :)

We don't have any file management features with Affinity Photo at the moment but we are planning on creating a Digital Asset Management  app in the future :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi. I just 30min ago purchased the Affinity Photo (for Windows) as I find its stacking features very useful compared to others (and easier than some little more effective Open Source ones)  but really miss a good file management system. 

The one reason why I little was hesitant to purchased Affinity Photo was that maybe there comes a some kind super deal/sale for Affinity Photo for its 49€ price when the DAM app gets released. But then I started to wonder that there isn't for Photo + Designer either, so why would for DAM?

But that wasn't the point of this reply, but just to raise a slight voice of opinion that the Affinity would look little after Open Source tool like digiKam for the file management system (like geolocation, tagging, search by content/name/metadata etc), how it is far more powerful than any Lightroom, Bridge, Capture One etc. And how it is directed to be used on all kind storage libraries (local, removable, network) and especially how it keeps all the files on those libraries so you can then use even plain file manager to browse files if so wanted, so you can do all the backups, control etc with any other software. 

Even when such software is designed for the photographs, it is very powerful to be used with a other software that use image or video files like video editors, media players and vector graphic editors.

And I think that one huge possibility for Affinity is to make the DAM software work well with even competitors editors, as that puts it to computers of many other users and then open door to them to purchase the Affinity Photo and/or Affinity Designer when they already use excellent file management system from them. 

Just for my 2 cents. :)