You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dale

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for all your support through 2014, through the extended Affinity Designer beta period and the very exciting launch of Serif's first app in its Mac design suite. We're delighted to round out the year as Apple's Best App of 2014 runner up and to give you all a little something as a thank you.

The Affinity Review ezine is a free download in iBooks format, filled with exclusive information, interviews, an early look at Affinity Photo, tutorials, and a Christmas gift for all Affinity Designer customers—an exclusive free set of natural media brushes. Get the ezine now for the free download link.

If you love Affinity Designer and the magazine, please share our social posts to spread the news on Twitter and Facebook!

Thanks! Dale.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

Great first issue!

My kudos on a really nicely designed presentation and informative explanation of how all of this came about and where it's going.

It's refreshing to see a software team sharing a bit more of the personal side of things and a little of the journey of what it takes to bring something like this to market.

Keep it up and keep these "Reviews" coming...  :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is a dream right.. I mean I wish I could say something bad about you guys, but I can't. You guys rock!

I'm so excited to see where this ride takes us all. Great Zine, it was interesting to read, and learned some new stuff from the tutorials inside.

Looking forward to AD updates and next Zine of course.

Thanks a bunch

Hey guys, will this be a monthly thing? Features, tips, upcoming goodies, brush/palette downloads, gallery, contests, ... all things Affinity related?  Would be cool. Usually these sorts of things are fairly labour intensive to put out every month but if done right can really benefit everyone.

Cheers!

Sounded like it would be quarterly. Monthly would be awesome, but a large undertaking at that quality level.

Journey forth my friend, by body if needs be...

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.14 beta || USB Keyboard, Wireless Trackpad, Wacom Intous 3 Tablet

Finally got to sit down and read through this! Great job guys really nice to hear how the story unfolded.

• 6 months later...

These are the type of things that make me want to support a company. Other companies would take something like these zines and monetize them to drain a few more bucks from their customers. Just the fact that these are high quality and free shows a lot about the vision and direction of the company. Keep it going guys, everyone is doing a great job and I am eager to see where this all goes.

• 1 year later...

Although Affinity Review #1 & #2 are both old & somewhat out of date, I think a lot of old & new users alike would still find them interesting & informative. Neither one appears in the iBooks store anymore & the links here are all redirected to the Workbook promo page, so please consider making them both available again.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Although Affinity Review #1 & #2 are both old & somewhat out of date, I think a lot of old & new users alike would still find them interesting & informative. Neither one appears in the iBooks store anymore & the links here are all redirected to the Workbook promo page, so please consider making them both available again.

YES PLEASE

and please consider a new one

the last two were great!

cheers

I asked about this a while ago. The response was that no new magazine issue was planned, but that something else was in the works (which appeared to be the AD book). I liked the magazines, though.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

I clicked on the links and all I got was an ad for the workbook which I already have. Cannot find the ezine anywhere

It is not available anymore -- that is why I am making this request. Both 'ezines' were offered in the iBook format, so only Mac users could open them using the iBooks app. Some of the content included embedded movies & interactive features sort of like in the built-in help, so these were quite elaborate undertakings that required a lot of time & energy to produce. I assume that is why there were only two issues (one in December of 2014 & the other in Mach of 2016), but it is a shame that unless users downloaded them before the Workbook was released there is currently no way to get them.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

That's right they are SADLY no longer accessable on the Affinity web site. I've recently found same other place where someone talked about Designer and offered the two issues there to downdoad as PDF's, but damn I can't remember the link to that site. :(

At least here is the first issue online readable!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2