Sign in to follow this  
nezumi

Antialias on stroke in Photo - random results

It seems that antialiasing on strokes has a bug or I cant find a reason for its random behavior. These are results I am getting:

GU4Beh9.jpg

Both are rectangles with 1px, 100% opacity, inside stroke. Sometimes copying and pasting object with perfectly sharp 1px stroke from one document to other is changing edge to antialiased. Sometimes drawing new shape adds pixel perfect stroke, sometimes its not. Sometimes switching align of stroke few times is helping (obviously 1px centered would bring weird result) but sometimes is not.
I tried to find out what it depends but I cant. I suspect a bug but maybe I dont know something...

Hi nezumi

This will depend on where the object is on the canvas, whether it is placed on a part or full pixel. For a stroke that is set to centre, the object needs to be set to a position of .5 of a pixel to show a solid stroke. Having the object pixel aligned means a 1 pxstroke set to centre will be covering half a pixel either side of it giving the wider but more transparent look

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Ow. Shouldn't "Force pixel alignment" and "Move by whole pixels" options activated block that behavior? I mean I just need reliable 1 hard pixel line - which I can get but with try and error method...

Cant get it to work and obviously it matters where do I place it when making website. Should be perfect no matter where I place it with "Force pixel alignment" on, right?

Here, I made a quick and dirty video showing the problem. Maybe you will see what I am doing wrong there or maybe there is some bug after all... (video isnt public)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vg1eH5z1LY&feature=youtu.be