Sign in to follow this  
houseofdeadleg

The King's Hat

Nice. Enjoyed looking at some other images on your website - several made me snort with amusement :)

Is this for a book? I want to read it!

Or the cover of a forthcoming card game? I want to play it!

Or just for fun? I just like it!

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

@Aammppaa thanks:) started off as something just for fun, but it's given me some ideas for a story, so maybe one day it could be a book.

@peter it's not a font, I drew the lettering by hand

Good character, and the texturing/shadowing is really good. As Peter said, the type is striking. The juxtaposition of the letters is fun and the blue dot really sets it off, as in the style of the crown. I imagine more than a few sketches were required for you to come up with those great ideas. :)

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

Noice! I likes it, I likes it a lot!

Great wee pic, encourages the viewer to want more methinks. Loving how you've set it out and, like the others have said, the title is awesome looking too.

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at eejits.etsy.com

I imagine more than a few sketches were required for you to come up with those great ideas. :)

I did most of it on the fly, directly to AD. The only thing that existing prior to that was the crown, which I doodled to test out some pens a couple of years ago. I was stuck for something to draw, so I thought I'd do a better version in AD, then of course a crown needs someone to wear it, and so on and so forth.

Number two of what could turn into a bit of series is attached.

post-370-0-82526000-1491485945_thumb.jpg