You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

is it normal to take 20~30 secs to open raw up at Affinity PHOTO?

hi there. i'm a pro-photographer.

i decided Affinity photo is good enough to work in my field after i had watched many tutorial videos.

however, during testing trial of this app, i found 2 of the big problems for me.

first, when i open raw up, it takes about 20~30 secs by just only one RAW.(at photoshopcc, it took just 2secs to do open it) i can't endure it seriously because i usually import at least 200 of RAW files at once.

first, during development RAW, reaction of image is too slow.

here is my circumstance.

RAW : d810's 14bit cRAW

computer : Macbook pro 2015 early 13" 256ssd with 8gb ram / using lowest monitor resolution

performance option : check out all of options and set it for best speed. and order using about 6gb ram, 20 history

is it normal to take long time to open raw?

thanks.

Hi Mikuru, imho AP is not the tool for pro batch processing RAWs or DAM ( i don't think PS is either) it's a fantastic finishing tool. DxO optics pro or capture one make great partners.

Maybe one day AP will be given this functionality, or an additional product released that works with both AP and AD, but now is not that time!

Regards

Hi Mikuru, imho AP is not the tool for pro batch processing RAWs or DAM ( i don't think PS is either) it's a fantastic finishing tool. DxO optics pro or capture one make great partners.

Maybe one day AP will be given this functionality, or an additional product released that works with both AP and AD, but now is not that time!

Regards

hi harrym. thanks your reply and advice. i  decided to accept your advice. in fact, i think AP's performance of editing for JPEG is fantastic and light. so i will make new partner of RAW processing tool while i will use AP as finishing tool. have a nice photo days!