You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, this is my first topic on this forum. At first I just wanted to say that I am very happy with your product and I am very surprised that I am using it that often. I did not expect that. I thought that Affinity will not replace Photoshop in my workflow that soon.  Good job.

I am using Affinity Photo mainly for postproduction of my 3D renders. I love to use your Tone mapping persona which gives my renders a nice kick. Lately I work with 6k and sometimes even with 8k images and I import 32 bit EXR formats. When I open Tone mapping persona I have to wait really long time to start it up. Also other tools are little bit slower. I want to ask if in future we can expect some speed improvement with this bigger image formats. 

I'm new at this so I hope this isn't a silly question; is it the size of the image that makes opening Tone Mapping slow?  

I only ask because switching between personas is fairly quick, except when going into Tone/HDR.

Thanks to whoever can help.

I think in general when you work with HDR images with 32bpp it will be slower than when you work with a 8bit formats. Question is if this speed can be improved on a software side or is it a hardware issue. When I edit 2K or 3K  hdr images switching to Tonemap persona is not so slow. It is still not 1 sec wait like when you work with Jpg but it is acceptable. But I am interested if we can get higher speed improvement with bigger resolutions because in this instance I have to wait much longer. On the forum stuff members write that they are generally working on speed improvements on both platforms [PC | MAC]. I am looking forward for that. 

Other question is, if we can get better performance via hardware than which parts should we look at to buy ?