You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Initially thinking it was my ageing eyesight, I have never been really happy with the crispness of text when printed out that had been entered in Design and Photo.

I temporarily reverted back to windows yesterday and loaded my Serif Draw Plus programme. What a difference the text no matter how small I made the font was clear crisp and totally legible.

So why am I getting such terrible inputted text print outs from both Affinity Photo and Designer.

System details:-

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Processor 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Any help/comments/remedies please.

Mike Hook (alias harrythespida)

• Staff

Hi Mike,

I've done some test print outs with text starting at 12pt scaling down to just below 4pt and they are clear and easy to read. Are any styles or effects being applied to the text at all?

Hi Lee. thanks for looking at my problem. I have no styles or effects (as far as I am aware) invoked. Maybe you could have a look at the attached file. it is100% if I save it as a jpg and print it out in another programme but from within Affinity Design it prints out blurred and tells me it is 100 pages long. 

I just can't figure out where I am going wrong.

Regards

Mike 

Test Text.afdesign

Did you really mean to have the document size in centimeters?

It's a rather large document to print down to whatever size paper you are using in your printer. Was your DrawPlus document also size at 210 cm x 297 cm?