Hello MBd, thank you, have taken the tip into my personal German manual.
Greeting Dieter

Germany, Affinity Photo WIN 1.6 , LR6, WIN7-64

Good summary for those two tools; it will help me next time I use them.

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

Great. To add;

x. Always keep a separate Dodge and a separate burn layer. Then you can adjust the opacity of EITHER without impacting both.

Cheers P

Hello!

You look like a pro and I want to know what did you do to become a pro!

Thanks!

Hi lorent018,

Thanks for the kind words.

I spent 2 years playing with Photoshop, Topaz, Nik and a dozen other plug ins. I practiced techniques and watched YouTube videos.

I then decided my 'style' was that EVERY image would be processed individually using a very broad standard workflow. But each image would be unique.

I then focused on impact not pixels, lenses or brand.

I looked at workflow components that are efficient not wasteful if my time.

I then spent the last 3 months learning Affinity.

I love what I do. I train, I create, I inspire.

I enjoy.

Thanks, Paul

... I spent 2 years playing with Photoshop, Topaz, Nik and a dozen other plug ins. I practiced techniques and watched YouTube videos.

I then decided my 'style' was that EVERY image would be processed individually using a very broad standard workflow. But each image would be unique.

I then focused on impact not pixels, lenses or brand.

I looked at workflow components that are efficient not wasteful if my time.

I then spent the last 3 months learning Affinity.

I love what I do. I train, I create, I inspire.

I enjoy.

Thanks, Paul

Wow! A guy who really thinks about the big picture of what he does and can articulate it! :o

I'm the other guy who zigzagged back & forth between PS & AI, one day loving photo work, the next day vectors became my fave. As a result I have spent far too many $$ on flashy add-ins that soon expired from lack of use (or version creep), far too many $$ on upgrading graphics software or trying the next killer program. It's not all bad as I feel averagely comfortable in both mediums and enjoy the crossover projects I involve myself in.

As far as suites go, Macromedia was the ultimate in my mind! The best programs ever at reasonable cost. My world tilted the day Adobe bought Macromedia (ahem, merged) as I knew the good days were over - and they were within 16 months. Like you, though, now I'm settling in with the Affinity direction.

Your concisely worded short list that describes your "pro system" really resonated. Thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks Jer! To elaborate - I use a cheap D5300, 16-300 Tamron and a 5 year old Toshiba AMD dual core with 8Gb and  new 256Gb SSD. TBH I do not see a great difference in image QUALITY (in terms of impact) over the last 5-7 years even though equipment is more 'powerful' (processor, ram, graphics, pixels etc, etc.)

Just my 2 cents worth!

I appreciate the temptation to load new software/get new kit etc. but I invest in my skills (they will always be there) and in my travels to get to see the best of what I can afford.

But, hey, each to their own! 

Enjoy.... thanks for writing, kind regards, Paul

I take images from bland to impact. ALL IN AFFINITY PHOTO!

Enjoy!

Cheers, Paul

Fun composition piece! Added images and textures, completely changed the lighting and the result is a whole different mood and interest level. Thanks for sharing.