Sign in to follow this  
dlp0918

Affinity Photo - problem using raw files from Sony DSC-RX100 in HDR merge

The raw images out of my Sony DSC-RX100 have barrel distortion which seems to be corrected properly when I open one image for processing.  However when I try to add multiple images in HDR merge the barrel distortion is not corrected.

David P

Hi dlp0918

The lens correction as part of the development step taken by the Develop persona. When loading RAW files into a HDR merge, the images do not go through the tone mapping and lens correction process of the Develop persona so these are not applied. There are 2 workarounds I can provide. Firstly you can manually apply the lens correction after the HDR merge. Alternatively you can open the RAW files individually with the apply tone curve turned off in the Develop Assistant. This will give you the benefit of the lens correction of the Develop persona without apply a tone curve which would affect the subsequent HDR merge. You can then save these out as 16bit TIFF files and use them for the merge to 32bit HDR

Cheers