CraigAddy

[Fixed] Adjustment Layers will not print or export properly as PDF. Fine as a tiff

Hi,

I have a printer that is not even close to being calibrated with my screen. I'll work that out eventually, but in the mean time, I have found a simple adjustment layer that I can turn on and off resolves my issues quite simply.

However, I have a file that refuses to print the adjustment layer. Even in the print dialogue preview, I can see that the adjustment layer's effects are not present.

Then I tried exporting it as a pdf and the file came out a mess.

Finally, I tried exporting as a tiff file and that worked fine and included the desired adjustments.

The adjustment layer is a Colour Balance Adjustment.

I'm on an iMac running the current OS and Affinity Designer 1.5.4

I've attached a screen shot of the pdf and the Affinity file

Piano Lessons Flyer 5.5x8.5 -2up.afdesign

post-351-0-99818900-1490316183_thumb.png

Hi Craig,

I believe that is an issue with the Preview app on the Mac. I've opened it in Designer, Acrobat and Photoshop and they all open it correctly. On Preview it will also show correctly in the print dialog too.

I'm on Windows 8 and the adjustment layer does not print

But if I change the Document Setup from RGB/16 to RGB/8 then the adjustment layer prints OK.

This may be a possible workaround if it works for you also.

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

Hi Craig,

I believe that is an issue with the Preview app on the Mac. I've opened it in Designer, Acrobat and Photoshop and they all open it correctly. On Preview it will also show correctly in the print dialog too.

You are absolutely right. Too bad as I find Preview very handy as my default pdf viewer.

But if I change the Document Setup from RGB/16 to RGB/8 then the adjustment layer prints OK.

Thanks carl123. This solved the issue on my Mac just as it did for you on Windows 8. Thanks so much.

Hi Craig,

carl123's suggestion to resolve the Adjustment Layer issue  (see below) also resolved the issue on my Mac.

carl123, on 28 Mar 2017 - 02:03 AM, said:

snapback.png

Thanks carl123. This solved the issue on my Mac just as it did for you on Windows 8. Thanks so much.