abk

AD 1.5.5 update: moving and resizing artboards crashes the app

Hi there,

Just updated to 1.5.5 version of affinity designer and i can't work with art boards anymore.

The app crashes every time i try to move an art board, or try to resize it, or duplicate it..

I have an old computer one might say, but this very same computer ran the very same app with the same heavy document yesterday.

Thanks !

k.

Hi abk,

Is your crashes specific to a document or do you get it on a new document when you create an artboard and move it? Would you be able to post a copy of the crash report along with your system specs please?

Hi Sean.

Thank you for your reply.

I can't reproduce the bug. Which is a good news, right?

I spent a few minutes trying to mimic the conditions in which i was working the other day without any results. Maybe the bug occurred because i didn't restart my computer after the update. Rebooting is the only thing that happened between the bug and now. 

You're welcome to try if you wish to test the update on an old machine. 

To help you with that, see my system specs below and let me please know a "private" way to share the afdesign file with you.

Many thanks

k.

post-10319-0-17244700-1490699578_thumb.png

(Computer was running a few apps with AD: Safari with spotify playing music and Mail. AD was in full screen mode on an additional monitor of 1920x1080px )

Sean,

Sorry i forgot to answer your first question. The day of the bug, i was able to create another document with multiple art boards and embedded documents without any issues.

I've noticed however, even though the bug didn't happen again, that, since the update, AD redraw the screen differently than before when panning and zooming.

When the software is done redrawing the "checkerboard" of the image, there's a second of freezing that never existed before the update. That was the moment the app crashed.

It might very well be an impression though. I'm sorry to realize it might not be of use at all.

Thanks again, congrats for your work and "hi" to the team.

k.

Hi Sean,

The bug is back today.

Working on a different document than the first time. Just moving an art board and ...crash. Again AD in full screen mode. Safari opened but no music.

Please find here the crash report.

I had two other bugs yesterday, but not artboard related. You 'll find the crash reports along with today's one.

I've added the date to each report in the filenames so you can find your way around. 

AD_Crash_29032017.txtAD_crash_report_2_28032017.txtAD_crash_report_28032017.txt

Cheers.

k.

The same error for me when trying to enlarge an artboard. And the app says it cannot start the error reporter. Unfortunately I cannot send you my working file because it's private. Hopefuly you will solve this bug soon.