You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Individual Point Alignment?

One of the biggest features i used in illustrator and tend to miss greatly in designer is the ability to individually align points.  I'd like to see the ability to not only be able to individually align points, but also to be able to group and distribute/transform them as well.  Its a major help in the tracing and cleaning up process!

Pretty Please?

:-)

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi safoster71,

Have you explored the snapping options in the context toolbar, Snap section when you have the Node Tool selected?

It lets you align nodes individually to nodes on the same or other shapes (as long as they are selected).

Currently the distribute/align (the Arrange icon on the main toolbar) functions don't work with nodes, only with shapes. There was some requests for this, so hopefully it may be added in a future version.

• 1 month later...

Hey Meb, safoster71,

The ability to align points for me is so crucial as a logo designer and without it I might have to change my approach to logo design and I am not sure I can.

@MEB I have tried the suggestion you have given above but it only seems to align points to points on other objects, in AI, I can select any number of points on any number of objects and align them to the left, right, top, bottom or even centre. If I select 2 points and align them to the left, the point on the right moves to the same x axis position as the one on the left and so on.

When using strokes, you can generate rather sophisticated drafts very fast, with amazing results! I honestly hope this is a feature that can be added, I have already invested in Affinity designer, I am really hoping to stay here

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...