You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello

I was working on a UI design at 375px X 750px artboard. I used Frame text tool for some texts.

I wanted to resize the artboard. So i increased the size using the transform option directly. I increased the size 3 times.

Anyways, main point is the Texts didn't increase in size. It increases in size when I use Artisitic tool but not with Frame text.

Is there any reason for that? Or was it made that way?

Follow me: Instagram | Dribbble

• Staff

Hi Zunaid,

I'm not sure how you have increased the size of the artboard affecting the size of the objects at the same time. As far as I know this is not possible. You can either resize the artboard or the objects but not both simultaneously unless you are using Constraints. Is that the case?

In any case when resizing text objects using the regular bounding box handles, artistic text frames increase in size, while frame text frames reflow the text. If you want to change the scale of the text objects created with the Frame Text Tool (instead of reflowing the text inside them) use the lowest handle on the bottom right of the frame (the one that's detached from the bounding box itself). This also applies to groups containing text frames created with the Frame Text Tool.

I was in a hurry so instead of using constraints, I just put all the elements in group and increased the height and width of the group from transform window. All elements increased in apart from frame text.

Am i making sense? This is not the ideal way but i was just in a hurry so did that.

Follow me: Instagram | Dribbble

• Staff

Ok, thanks for the info. In that case to increase the scale of all text objects (including text frames) with the group use the lowest handle on the bottom right of the group (the one that's detached from the bounding box itself).

​If you need to set a specific dimension for the group (using the Transform panel) you can use an auxiliary guide to mark the desired dimension on canvas, then scale the group using the lowest handle on the bottom right of the group (with snapping enabled) up to that guide.

If you use the Transform panel directly to set a dimension the text frames will reflow instead of scaling up.