You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.0.21458)

• Staff

Purpose: Improvements, Features, Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Not submitted

Download: https://s3.amazonaws...stomer Beta.dmg

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

Important Notes:
- This beta does not include the Corner Tool that you may have seen in our social media - it is still in development and is not ready for public beta today.
- We’ve added three new blend modes in preparation for Affinity Photo: Lighter Colour, Darker Colour and Linear Light. If you use these blend modes in your document, then your document will not look the same when you load it back into the Mac App Store version as they will be replaced by Normal blend mode.

Improvements/Fixes:
- Colours used in the document should now match those shown in the UI and output.
- Colour picker now picks the correct colour from the document.
- Fix for stability issues caused by context toolbar changes.
- Fix for Layers panel sometimes not allowing drag operations.
- PSD export improvements.
- Fix for Pan/Zoom spacebar functionality being intermittent, especially when using shortcuts to change tools.
- Fix for right-click in brushes panel, etc.
- Fix for missing histograms in the adjustment dialogs.
- Improved Layer -> Rasterize logic.
- Fix for document save logic that inadvertently caused an unmodified document to grow in size when saved.
- Text highlight and caret now respect baseline advance.
- Fix for many font UI-related issues.
- Fix for gradient fill flyout menus not initialising with the correct gradient fill.
- Added 'preserve alpha' option to Gaussian Blur effect.
- Fix for studio tab logic causing incorrect placement of tabs.
- Fix for window not restoring to correct size after switching away from Separated Mode.
- Numerous other small fixes and tweaks.

Well, that was quick. Thanks guys! Happy Holidaze to y'all!

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

• Staff

Well, that was quick. Thanks guys! Happy Holidaze to y'all!

Thanks, Mike!

We didn't want anyone to be suffering seemingly random crashes caused by the context toolbar changes in the last beta, so really wanted to push this one out sooner, rather than later :)

Happy Christmas to you, too!

Cheers Matt, something to play with over the break. Happy Christmas to everyone at Affinity HQ!

Better rest up for 2015 ;) ... something tells me it's going to be an epic year...  :D

Merry X-Mas to the great Affinity Team and all the great people in the forum who helped me to get started!!

Here my first illustration with Beta 1, finished in Beta 2 with the now working gradients :)

attachicon.gifmerry-xmas-1.png

Beautiful piece once again Val :) Frohe Weihnachten!

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

I just crashed the new beta 1.0.21458.  I had a drawing open that I had been working on which was 317KB, about 70 layers all vector and no layer effects.  In Separated Mode.  I sent 13 very small .png images to AD from Finder (averaging 15KB each).  They showed up in AD, I then clicked on File->New got a spinning color wheel and 5 to 10 seconds later AD was gone.

27" iMac late 2009 running Yosemite

I just tried doing pretty much the same again.  When the .png's were loaded the first time the title bar at the top of each had been empty except for the 3 white circles.  I'm pretty sure the names hadn't filled in.  The process worked fine this time.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Merry X-Mas to the great Affinity Team and all the great people in the forum who helped me to get started!!

Here my first illustration with Beta 1, finished in Beta 2 with the now working gradients :)

attachicon.gifmerry-xmas-1.png

Amazing!

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

I just crashed 1.0.21458 again in pretty much the same way.  I had been working on two drawings for the last few hours.  I clicked on File->New changed the DPI to 111 and hit enter.  AD beta crashed.  I tried it again and it crashed again.  Tried it a third and fourth time, it didn't crash.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

• Staff

I just crashed 1.0.21458 again in pretty much the same way.  I had been working on two drawings for the last few hours.  I clicked on File->New changed the DPI to 111 and hit enter.  AD beta crashed.  I tried it again and it crashed again.  Tried it a third and fourth time, it didn't crash.

Hi Gear maker,

I think we have figured out what makes it crash when creating a new document and it will be in the next beta.

Andy

I'm having an issue where layers cannot be named. When I double-click, sometimes a random layer (or what seems random) will give me the label "Name of Object" but the input field will be blue rather than white and will not allow me to type any text into it. Only way I have been able to fix it each time is to restart Designer. 

post-468-0-99157900-1419562943_thumb.png

If you want to open a pdf file there is a preferences dialogue that opens underneath the modal file dialogue as soon as I select a pdf file.. I can't move the file window anymore and so I can't click on the other window underneath. Check mate ;) At least I can close the file dialogue with the ESC key. 

I can choose open, move the window in one corner and then select a pdf. Then it's possible to click ok on the preferences window.

The actual pdf import is much improved besides that, thanks.

• Staff

If you want to open a pdf file there is a preferences dialogue that opens underneath the modal file dialogue as soon as I select a pdf file.. I can't move the file window anymore and so I can't click on the other window underneath. Check mate ;) At least I can close the file dialogue with the ESC key. 

I can choose open, move the window in one corner and then select a pdf. Then it's possible to click ok on the preferences window.

The actual pdf import is much improved besides that, thanks.

I've had this problem happen to me too! I think we'll have it resolved soon - sorry!

Hello guys..

I haven't been following the beta treads, maybe this has been talked about earlier, so sry in advance.

Will it be possible for AD to export editable text to .psd? 

I have been "testing" AD for a while now in web design, and its great. The only problem i have is that i can't switch to it completely because my colleagues who are developers either don't have a mac or AD, and can't work with my design and code it, so i need to do that part too :)

So, will this be possible in a future build or something?

p.s. I NEED A RULER TOOL sooooo baaaaad :D i think its a must for web design, to measure distances between objects in a fast way..

Thanks,

Boban

web & graphic designer :: front-end web developer :: illustrator

www.dribbble.com/bbwebdiz

• Staff

Hi Boban,

I think I need to leave the 'editable text in PSD export' question to Ben for when he gets back off holiday as this is really his area of expertise... but I couldn't agree more about the need for a quick way to see the distances between objects! I'll add it myself soon if someone else hasn't already beaten me to it! ;)

Thanks,

Matt

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.