You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export persona adds unnecessary Clip-Path to SVG

Hey there,

>> v.1.5.3.62-b

while exporting some artboards with icons via the export-persona, a clip-path-tag with the size of the related artboard gets added to every exported SVG which then gets added as clip-path-attribute including every path/element that was intended to be exported in the related SVG.

I think this is not intended by design? There is no reason to have a clip-path with the exact size as the viewbox (which in this case represents the artboard) - because the viewbox will solve any occuring usecases. If this clip-path gets added to solely represent the created slice on that artboard, then we definitely need another solution than creating slices to export multiple artboards at once.

Greetings, Johannes

• 2 weeks later...

Any reaction to this? this really drives me insane when creating iconsets for the web - I always have to handle the files on more time after export, which then makes the advantage of affinity designers export functions somewhat obsolete (regarding the time effort)

Although I didn't have the same scenario, I exported a lot of SVGs some months ago and I found a lot of other issues. I've reported some of them and a couple were fixed alrewady. Nevertheless, SVG and PDF exporting is definitely one area where AD needs improvement.

Sean P, thx for feedback. What I would like to add: Not always does a clipping path gets added when exporting with a slice. I don't really get the pattern when AD decides to add a clipping path and when not.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.