You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Montana_907,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

What's the file format of the template files? PSD, PDF, Ai?

To open them just go to menu File ▸ Open. There's no way to integrate them as templates within the application itself. Open the original template each time you need to start a new document based on it and save with a different file name. I would create/keep a copy/backup of the original template files to prevent overwriting them.

Its pretty screwy, I'm not sure I can even tell the file format. It was found on the app store. Maybe you'd take a gander if you have the time. "Templates for Affinity Photo". I can't currently open any of them. Thanks for responding.

Its pretty screwy, I'm not sure I can even tell the file format. It was found on the app store. Maybe you'd take a gander if you have the time. "Templates for Affinity Photo". I can't currently open any of them. Thanks for responding.

If you mean this, in Finder click on one of the template files & choose "Get Info" from the File menu. In the "Name & Extension" section of the info window, what does it show as the extension? My guess would be ".afphoto" if it is a 'native' Affinity format file.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

Hi Montana_907,

The templates use the native (our) Affinity Photo file format. To use them do the following (you only have to configure this once):

1. Right-click any afphoto file on Finder (If you don't have any file open Affinity Photo go to menu File ▸ New to create a new document, then go to menu File ▸ Save As give it a name and save it to your desktop)

2. select Get Info

3. In the Open with section (see screenshot below) click the dropdown and select Affinity Photo.app

post-59-0-29365400-1490265698_thumb.png

4. clip the Change All... button right below

Now every time you want to use a template from the application you bought, double-click the template you want to use inside the app. It will open automatically in Affinity Photo.