You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Parcel Tubs

Sunset

Two nights ago I was dreaming. I was driving with my mother along the motorway when we were overtaken by a very fast black taxi cab. Then, as we went along the slip road to change motorways, we were overtaken by four young men in a Royal Mail parcel tub - which looked rather like half of an old fashioned stage coach on tiny wheels - banking hard around the corner. I have no idea it was propelled. Then, when we joined the next motorway, we were overtaken by four more of these parcel tubs, all full of young people. We soon found out why - there was a charity run on the tow path next to the motorway. (Tow path??? Next to a motorway???). That's where all the people in the parcel tubs were going. I shall leave you wondering about what happened after that!

That Royal Mail parcel tub stayed in my mind, though, it was so clear: here is a simple rendering of it:

post-29-0-37139900-1418923526_thumb.jpg

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

There is a famous race in the English countryside that involves a trace between runners and a recreation rail line. The race starts off at point A and goes to point B then finishes back at point A. I'm not sure whether it's the Lake district or Cornwall. This has featured on BBC's Countryfile.

As for the vehicle in red: does this look familiar?

500px-1825StocktonDarlingtonRailwayopeni

Shall we include you as another isometric grid future user then?

Nice red and yellow.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

My parcel tub was in reality more rounded than I had time to make it (or make it properly) in Affinity, crossed with the bottom half of a stage coach, the very thing that the steam engine killed off. Quite a wide scope with lake district or Cornwall - your race sounds more cornish to me, a la Trevithick? But I do like the illustrations that you have attached, I think I did see this on Countryfile quite recently? The jollity of the passengers is much the same. 

Isometric Grid - that was a new term to me, but I've had an interesting five minutes reading all about it (it was pretty self-descriptive but it never hurts to find out more).....mmmmm.........I think you might!

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

My Flickr Album

Yes, I did see that one on Countryfile - wild idea, putting the train into training!

My Flickr Album