You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.5.2.62

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Windows Affinity Photo version 1.5 was purchased.

As this is a beta release, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed incorrect colour transform between document and screen for non-RGBA 8-bit documents
  • Approximately 200 other fixes

Thanks Mark.

Slick, quick and uneventful installed.

First thoughts after 40mins..

Liquify Persona is quick and works great for me.

Tone mapping too slow and unusable for my old Toshiba, but Photomatix sorts that.

Is Photo not yet configured to use my settings now from the Live version?

Start up and speed generally seem similar to Live.

Thanks, Paul

Hi Mark, installation problem-free.
Which errors have been eliminated to test or what is to be tested with the beta - which sense does the beta without explanation.
Greeting Dieter

Germany, Affinity Photo WIN 1.7 , LR6, WIN10

Bug: Layer -> New Adjustment Layer -> Curves Adjustment

When using a curves adjustment layer - the normal behavior was if you wanted to delete a node (point) on the adjustment curve the node could be removed with the 'delete' keyboard key.  Now 'delete' exits or deletes the entire adjustment layer.

The only way now to remove a node(s) is to remove all nodes with the reset button within the dialog box.

Thanks

The curve nodes can now be deleted by right clicking on them

But there are more problems with the curve nodes. 

The cursor turns into a cross when it is in range of a node. So you think you can move it. But if you are outside the circle of the node graphic it creates a new node. It should always select the node if it has changed into a cross.

Also when you do click a node to move it the node snaps to the cursor position. This moves the node from it's original position even if you have not moved the mouse. It messes up fine adjustments. It should not snap. It should not move at all until you move the mouse and then the mouse vector should be added to the node position so it only moves from it's current position.

I think you need someone in quality control. This is really basic stuff.

FYI:
- The progress bar (e.g. export) in Win 7 still shows no progress
- HDR Merge still shows funny patterns and completely crashes afterwards ... (quite disappointing since it was a well known bug already in the last version)

post-29950-0-29633400-1490189729_thumb.jpg

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

exiftool, metadata, new python every time, reuse the python instance when loading multiple RAWs

there was something about this, remember? I can't find the thread anymore but you wanted to optimize this to speed up RAW loading by a very noticeable margin

is this also the same for the Mac version? 

thanks for your effort 

and PLEASE don't let this "some fixes" which is also written into the last Mac betas become a new habit  :ph34r:

Would it be possible to provide a complete list of the fixes (not just mentioning "appr. 200 other fixes") so one does not have to go through the personal buglist to see if it's been sorted by now... ? Certainly seeing that obviously some previously mentioned bugs and crashes have not been resolved in the new beta this would be helpful. Maybe it's there somewhere but I havn't found it yet.

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

Yes please, providing a beta without fix list is useless. We don't know what to expect and what to test.

intel i7-3930K - 32Go - SSDs | Dual screen | Running last customer beta

Win 7 Pro SP1 x64 | nVidia GTX 680 - v376.33 | intuos 3 - v6.3.15-3

234png_3517604_25606584.png

Maybe the question is not in the topic. I do not have a prophoto RGB. The stable version is also missing.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

Yes please, providing a beta without fix list is useless. We don't know what to expect and what to test.

It is a clear sign of absolute overflow. I've been like that in some companies. Simply time must be lacking for everything. My advice, be patient... I for one prefer to have the beta ready, and go direct myself to my main critical points (is not like you probably would have same interest on every and all the bug fixes equally...) and check myself rather than having a more verbose communication, but betas delayed. 

And 200 fixes, man... That's a lot to make a list (even more if it involves some sort of internal checks among several people etc). I prefer that time put to developing or giving a break to the programmers...

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

So far, so good, I believe there's a slight improvemnt when working with smaller files, but it still chokes on larger ones. I've logged one bug and no crashes IIRC.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

I can confirm that within those 200 fixes there is no for Wacom tablet. Still input lag (creates straight stroke at the beginning) as well as drawn curves/circles look like made from straight strokes. Istead of perfect curve you can see angles in 100% zoom.

Hi, i have installed the beta today and gave it a try...

No Problems so far. Installation was without problems.

The Curves News to remove Node with the right mouse button is much easier and quicker.

I also noticed that painting with the undo brush tool works know a bit  quicker.

I had no chrashes at all. 

I also have no input lag on my WACOM Tablet ! 

Well for those who have hardware with multible updates (e.g. W7 , W8/8.1 and so on) might get some problems. As i have seen , always the same people have troubles. Maybe formatting and new modern windows installs may change much...

One question: Will the use of deticated GPUs be more efficient ? I can not tell any differences between my Intel Standard GPU and my NVIDIA QUADRO 2100  with plenty of RAM! 

AP 1.5.1 / 1.6.x.x BETA , C1 , Lenovo W541 , Wacom Intuos Pro (S / M (new))

Hello.

installed last night, there was an error message that something could not be found, beta is but installs and works fine.
Sony RAW is OK no artifacts at the develop. seems slightly faster to download the RAWs.
HDR is also okay for me, corrected some menu entries (right turn left correctly)

Until now no crashes.

Will further test.

Pollux

I can confirm that within those 200 fixes there is no for Wacom tablet. Still input lag (creates straight stroke at the beginning) as well as drawn curves/circles look like made from straight strokes. Istead of perfect curve you can see angles in 100% zoom.

One thing I can't test, as I have not yet the commercial version (only have AD but was crazily active in the AP free beta times), is, besides the well known thing of disabling "Windows INK" in your MS Windows (I think you are in that platform) Wacom settings dialog which you can find in Windows "Settings" (control panel). But also, one that I was not in time to test, too, and that some users report creates lag/delay/issues with other software (non Affinity's)  : Disable the double click distance (put the slider all to the left), so it is in the left extreme, where says "deactivated".(double pen click as a double click. You don't need that for drawing,) For sake test, do it -please- both in the "All applications" settings and also in the setting specific that you surely have created to customize Wacom with AP.

Another measure for applications having lag (mostly for large brushes, but could apply here... !) while brush drawing: If have double monitor try with a single monitor configruation (changing it in the configuration for the monitor and desktop), or a very large high res desktop resolution (ie, a 27") but the graphic card is not very powerful (ie, a cpu integrated, even if an intel! ) has lead to slow performance with big brushes. Reducing resolution, and/or getting a better graphic card and/or disabling double monitor has solved many of these problems to other people. But with other applications, not Affinity's (which does a better work, I believe, in that matter, so probably the solution in this last paragraph and itself, does not apply to AP. BUT...I always try everything, tho, as one never knows...

For the record, it did happen to me too very significantly not allowing serious (painting and illustration only (well, "only") ! ) work with old betas (I reported it graphically). Please let us know if some of this improves the situation, could be very helpful.  :)  (I've no relation at all, in the slightest, with Serif or Affinity line, so, is just  sth that came to my mind, now, as an extra effort trying to improve the situation.)

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.