billgatto

lag when edit text

Hi, I bought Affinity Designer and I'm migrating from Corel Draw, I have a pretty annoying problem when I'm editing of texts or paragraphs the program crashes a few seconds. My PC has 8GB of ram with hd ssd and i3 processor. I want to know if it is normal or if you can speed up a bit in the management of fonts. Thank you

Hey billgatto,

We've had a few font troubles in the past but these were generally caused by certain fonts. There are a few outstanding issues with Korean and Chinese fonts too. In the past, we've asked users to make a copy of their fonts folder and try taking out big groups of fonts until the app becomes responsive and then narrow down the font in that group.

The app updates its font list on the fly so there would be no need to keep opening and reopening it. 

I'd be happy to help in any way I can if you can narrow down the group.