You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey there,

I think it would be useful to have different subforums for bugreporting for each software.

At the moment, e.g. bugs for AD and AP are both reported in one subforum although there are even subforums for Bugs on Windows and Bugs on Mac. One level more would give a more clear/tidy overview.

Greetings, Johannes.

• Staff

Hi Johannes,

Welcome to the Forums :)

This is something that has been suggested a few times in the past we are looking at improving the Forums in the future :)

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Please separate AP and AD as well. Especially since I do not have or use AD, I personally prefer just have see topics related to AP.  B)

2020 MacBook Pro 13” M1 | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2019 iPad Air 3 10.5” | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

»A determined man can do more with a rusty screwdriver than a lazy man with a whole toolbox»

Please separate AP and AD as well. Especially since I do not have or use AD, I personally prefer just have see topics related to AP.  B)

Well, that's exactly what I requested ;) Or do you mean to have complete seperated main forums?

A major drawback to making separate forums is there is considerable overlap in the tools, features, & code base of the two apps. Many things apply equally well to both apps on both platforms. This ranges from fundamental concepts like layers, masks, & Personas to features like UI customization, the vector shape tools, snapping, grids & guides, & almost everything regarding text handling.

In fact, since both apps on both platforms share the same native file format, it is possible to open & edit an afdesign file created on Windows in Affinity Photo on a Mac, an afphoto file created on a Mac in Affinity Designer running on Windows, & so on.

So among other things this means that some bugs will be common to all four apps, some to one platform but not the other, & some to just one app but on both platforms. It also means that many of the techniques discussed & assistance offered here will be useful regardless of which app or platform people are using.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

So among other things this means that some bugs will be common to all four apps, some to one platform but not the other, & some to just one app but on both platforms. It also means that many of the techniques discussed & assistance offered here will be useful regardless of which app or platform people are using.

A lot of true stuff I didn't thought about. But to be honest: I read multiple solutions to some problems now - just to realize soon afterwards, that it was just for AD when I was searching for a solution in AP. Confuzing Interwebz! Because most of the times, it is very very specific to a feature only on program has at the moment.