Sign in to follow this  
yanis

Rounded everything

Hey guys!

Most of the time you need to round something in the icon: triangle corners, diamond corners or something more complex like gear inner and outer corners.

I found the way to do so in AD, but it's not very flexible and accurate. Gear icon example, I wish I could adjust any corner without converting to curves.You can round any corner in Sketch, works good on simple triangle, but rounding the compass needle is not that smooth and accurate.

Do you plan to have this feature in near future?

It's coming soon.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

Hi yanis,

There's a sneak-peek of me playing with the Corner Tool on Twitter and Facebook - I've nearly finished it and it'll be in one of the next betas, just as soon as it's ready. It goes way beyond the version you refer to - it's more like the Illustrator version but allows you to edit the curve afterwards without forcing the corner to become 'baked-in' to the curve geometry like Illustrator's does (which annoys me!)

It'll be available to try soon :)

Matt

Hi yanis,

There's a sneak-peek of me playing with the Corner Tool on Twitter and Facebook - I've nearly finished it and it'll be in one of the next betas, just as soon as it's ready. It goes way beyond the version you refer to - it's more like the Illustrator version but allows you to edit the curve afterwards without forcing the corner to become 'baked-in' to the curve geometry like Illustrator's does (which annoys me!)

It'll be available to try soon :)

Matt

Thank you then, can't wait!