You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Pixeldroid,

Welcome to the Forums :)

If you click the Cog next to the Gradient overlay tab you should see the Layer Effects panel open. From here please click the Gradient button (See first screenshot) this will bring up the gradient slider (I just made that name up) Clicking the colour box (See second screenshot) should make the HSL colour wheel appear which has a colour picker on it :)

C

post-12469-0-52463500-1490089152_thumb.png

post-12469-0-48103400-1490089158_thumb.png

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

You have to click and hold on the circle next to the pipette and drag that to the colour you want to select :) Once you have selected your colour click on the circle to apply it to the gradient :) I have made a video below showing this!

C

Gradient.mov

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Thanks.

You guys did a great job designing this software, it is taking me awhile to de-Adobe myself... B)

For anyone reading this, I'd also point out that when using the gradient tool, the color of the currently selected node shows up in the toolbar and can be double clicked to get a color picker.

Thanks again.

I vote that along with the made up name "gradient slider" we add "de-Adobe myself" to the terminology we use here in this forum.  :lol:

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7