Sign in to follow this  
driginaldee

AP multi layer TIFF SAVE totally CRASH macOSX Sierra

Dear Affinity

This is a very serious bug. This crashes the whole system into black screen and only restart works, and which is more embarrassing that this bug corrupts the tiff file, which can't be opened again in any app, including AP (which crashes after I try to open again).

Its happening every time I try to save or export a multilayer tiff which has been created by any other application like Lightroom (once it happened with a tiff created by AP also.). Since it is a normal photographers workflow happening ALL THE TIME that you open a raw file in an external editor, it is a very problematic bug which forces me not to use AP and not to retouch my pictures - which is nonsense.

I have this problem from start of my AP use and it annoying me for more weeks now, but I was patient saying, okay I try to take cautious steps not to press apple+S but it is hard to convince your nerves to work differently rom a day to another....

I already posted twice report to apple, but I think they won't even notice. 

My question is strait forward: do you aware of this issue and will you post a update for this as soon as possible or should I search for another working photo editing app? Or tell me another solution which can fit in my workflow.

Please tell me what logs, or information should I send to you which helps you find the reason.

thank you

daniel

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), Sierra 10.12.3 (16D32), AP 1.5.1., Lr 6.8

Hi Daniel

Welcome to the forums

Thank you for rasing this. I have been trying this and so far i have had my omputer shut down, but only the one time. Other times seem to go though ok. I shall keep looking into it and hopefully we can find a reproduce-able cause which we can then look at fixing

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com