LyricsGirl

Affinity Designer V 1.5.2.28 Carashes when using Pen Tool to draw in Vector Persona

Hi

I have on occasion experienced crashes in AD while drawing avector shape or tracing over a shape,using the Pen Tool.

In most instances the program just closes immediately with no warning and no access to Crash Reporter.

On odd occasions it  reveals a window box informing me of a Crash Report following -but nothing happens.

I was hoping the latest update may have fixed the problem, but  today it has re appeared.

I am using the pen tool to create a vector outline shape  and am wondering if it is the little curve tools on the drawing line- the ones you move to change the curve shape. Everything else I do seems to be running OK.

I have Win Pro 10, 16Gig RAM with SSD for programs and standard 500Gigs HDD for storage (3 drives + reserved partition for win b/u program). I have 2 x Acer monitors and use NVidia GeoForce 500x (?) graphics card with 1 gig onboard RAM. Standard Microsoft mouse & keyboard.

I suspect it could be i am not using the pen tool /curves correct?

Thank you!

I had the same issue in AP and got this answer:

"

This is a known issue. I recommend that you remove an xml file which will retain all your user customizations and brushes. To do this:

Go to %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\Settings and delete the Commands.xml file. The Pen Tool will then function correctly and will not crash the app. Sorry for the inconvenience."

That worked very well, AP is stable again.

Have the same problem - gonna try the workaround today. Hopefully things like this get tested and fixed in the future. Affinity has big potential but a lot to fix. Feels like a beta from time to time..