How do I get the bars in the picture back? They disappeared on me. I can't find where they went.

Maurice Tremblaypost-43250-0-84942300-1489954030_thumb.jpg

Now I know where it went. There are so many ways to hide things in Affinity. Thank you very much. I spent two years in Germany many years ago. I liked my stay.  

Hi MTfrog,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Make sure you have a pixel layer selected in the Layers panel (not a mask/adjustment or filter layer). If you are working with an Image layer type (check the label between parenthesis after the layer's name in the Layers panel) right-click on it and select Rasterise.... If this doesn't solve the issue can you please post a screenshot of the application with the Layers panel visible so we can see what you are doing?

Thanks.

I got my paint brush to paint on my picture and on layers but I still can't make the brush work with quick mask. I'm also having trouble with moving thing with the clone brush. I will work on it a bit more and if I fail, I will send a picture of my settings. You've done a great job with the videos and I'm enjoying them but my lack of experience make it difficult for me to follow them. Affinity is a great app. but it has a deep learning curve. So far it has been doing what I want it to do. The videos make me want to go beyond what I have been doing. I will not abandon Affinity. When I meet a pro. photographer I always ask them to try Affinity.