IndigoMoon

[Fixed] Bug - Cropping ratio doesn't fit to file/export size

Hi,

after choosing a cropping ratio e.g. 1:1, 2:1, 3:1 etc. and cropping the image, the image size isn't excact according to the cropping ratio (usually 1 pixel more or less).

This is really annoying, especially when exporting the image and I need exact ratio e.g. 800px:400px, but getting like 800px : 399,6px therefore after changing to 800px for one side.

Please take care, Thank you!

Indigo

Hi Pauls, 1. open an image with a few MB 2. select the crop tool © 3. Choose as Mode Custom Ratio 2:1 (if not already available as Preset) 4. Choose your selection and apply the crop 5. Now have a look at the image info at the left upper corner e.g. 2591 x 1295px, 3.36MB, RGB etc. As you see it's 1 pixel more as it should be. It doesn't occure always, but often. It seems not dramatic, but if I do an export later, where I need exact pixel dimensions (e.g. 800x400) 6. Export... 7. Set Export Size to 800px, then width become 399.8px, which causes in my case a gap of 1 pixel in a grid gallery. This is pretty annoying, becaus I recognize this at the and of the workflow. So I went back to PS at the moment to feel certain not to get such little gaps (as I see now in PS it's 1 pixel more as well, but the resize is rounded up to 400px). Thanks

Hi,

I think we should be rounding to whole pixels too - I'll get that reported

Thanks for the info

Living the Dream since 1964 - about 25 years left

Hi Pauls,

Yes at least rounding up. At the moment AP is rounding down the export e.g. to 399px, which causes this problem.

But to be logical, then the crop should be alreday correct e.g. the above example with 2590x1295px.

Cheers!

Indigo

Hi Pauls,

As I see in the latest Beta .63 the bug is still not really fixed.

The Export-Dialog shows now the rounded up size of 400px, but the real export size is still 399px!

Would you please log this again for checking.

Thanks!

Indigo