HauritzMedia

Runs very slow on my windows pc

Hello

I am using affinity trail version on my pc. It has around 8 GB of ram and a fairly good gpu. When im making bigger editing it tends to overspending the ram that much so the program will have to be closed by my. If not - the pc starts to freeze. 

On my small laptop it works just smooth. Do you guys have idea of whats wrong? 

regards

Which Affinity product, Designer or Photo?

Can you post a file that you have been working on that causes your computer to freeze?  When you write about "making bigger editing" can you tell us exactly what you are doing, step by step?

If others can reproduce the problem that you are experiencing it might be possible for the developers to say why it is happening.  On the other hand, it could be something unique to your computer, especially since you say that your laptop works "just smooth".

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

Hello Jeff 

thank you very much for your reply. 

Despite I wrote, that the issue only occurs on my pc - it just happend for me that my laptop make same problem. Whats exactly happening:

I am editing a photo, putting in two other photos which is cutted out. When I want to change the color of these two external photos I will enter the Develop Persona. When applied, I click Develop. The it takes me back to Photo Persona and a small box appears with "Develop" - then nothing more happens. The program stops. 

I am but I'm currently not at home so cannot test anything. Perhaps you could post the actual images you have been using but I won't be able to do any testing until at least the end of next week, sorry!

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

Do you really need to use the Develop Persona for the changes that you want to make? I suggest that you try doing your editing in the Photo Persona.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher for Windows • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.8.4.186 • Designer for iPad 1.8.4.4 • iPadOS 13.6 (iPad Air 2)

Hi HauritzMedia,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Can you please attach the original .afphoto file (the one which includes the above two pictures in place) so we try to reproduce the issue here? You can only adjust one picture (layer) at a time when you move to the Develop Persona. Are you saying that when you return back to Photo Persona (to pick the second layer eventually) Affinity Photo freezes?

Hello MEB

thats is correct. I make adjustments which is possible in the software, it just tends to freeze - looks like a software issue. And yes, when Im going back from Develop Persona to Photo Persona it freezes. 

regards

Hi, Just wanted to add that I downloaded the trial version and it is very very slow in my case as well. I have a new Windows 10 machine with good specs, intel i7-6700 cpu, 16GB RAM, 2GB graphics card memory. It is generally slow, I tried cloning, healing, patch tool. I have to wait a few seconds just for minimal editing. Many times a message appears on the top saying "not responding". Working with layers had the same issues. I would have loved to own it, but unfortunately I can not work with it in this way.

Hi, Just wanted to add that I downloaded the trial version and it is very very slow in my case as well. I have a new Windows 10 machine with good specs, intel i7-6700 cpu, 16GB RAM, 2GB graphics card memory. It is generally slow, I tried cloning, healing, patch tool. I have to wait a few seconds just for minimal editing. Many times a message appears on the top saying "not responding". Working with layers had the same issues. I would have loved to own it, but unfortunately I can not work with it in this way.

Hello afonya, seems like we're having some of the same issues. 

Having the same problem. Photo hangs my pc and makes a thorough mess of its settings when it has to be closed by task manager. This happened less with the last beta but the new beta fails anyway. Sadly this kind of event loses software credibility. What was I doing? Making panoramas. Win10 totally up to date, 8Gb memory.

Not sure if this is programmers best practice, there is a fat ddl called "libpersona.dll". This fatten baby is 303mb large. I'm not sure if this fat library can not slow down the application on some systems, it is a bit like trash bins in Milano...

keep Apple away...

I am getting the same type of issues. Everything is slow and I often get "application not responding", sometimes it works through that and sometimes the program shuts down. I have Photoshop Elements and Corel Paintshop and neither of these programs takes the amount of CPU that Affinity does.

Running version 1.5.1.54

Windows 10 64 bit

I love this program but want it to rune more efficiently.

I am getting the same type of issues. Everything is slow and I often get "application not responding", sometimes it works through that and sometimes the program shuts down. I have Photoshop Elements and Corel Paintshop and neither of these programs takes the amount of CPU that Affinity does.

Running version 1.5.1.54

Windows 10 64 bit

I love this program but want it to rune more efficiently.

Please, add your configuration specs as well.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

Is this what you need for specs?

CPU processor =amd Phenom II x4 830 processor 2.80GHz

RAM 16.0 GB

64 bit

Windows 10

Radeon HD 6450 2GB graphics