You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ICC Profile of a copied image

I got the WhackedRGB image from Gary Ballard's web site. Rather than upload it here, go to the link and review his information. The WhackedRGB image is about halfway down the page and for the browser you can move the mouse over the image and back off.

http://www.gballard.net/photoshop/pdi_download/

Mike

I was just about to recommend that link as a much better test :P, "whacked rgb" displays good to me in a color managed aware app and purple as it should in non aware. That still doesn't explain why the car is purple also in properly color managed apps.

I was looking at that test image on this page of Gary Ballard's site earlier today. There is no colour-brightness-gamma shift in the image on the left when I roll over or click on it, but with the image on the right there is a shift on rollover and another shift on click. I still see a purple car on the other page in the same browser.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I was looking at that test image on this page of Gary Ballard's site earlier today. There is no colour-brightness-gamma shift in the image on the left when I roll over or click on it, but with the image on the right there is a shift on rollover and another shift on click. I still see a purple car on the other page in the same browser.

I still see a purple car on every browser I have tried with that page. No problems with the Gary Ballard pages & every other one mentioned here using Safari ... which all of the pages say does a good job of color management.

So color me confused.  :unsure:

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7