You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've tried manually dragging them apart and back to their original locations, as well as searching the 'View' and other main menus but haven't yet found how to uncouple them.

Additionally, when I select something from the Color-panel...it 'leaps' in front of the now combination Layer/Transform-panel.

I'd love to know the 'How & Why' to this as it may come in handy in the future. But for now, I'd like to return the 'studio' to its original default panel set.

*AD 1.5.4 on a MacBook Pro*

Would someone please enlighten me?

Thanks much,

-Christo

View Menu > Studio > Reset Studio

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

...getting some weird behavior here after doing 'Reset Studio' in the View menu...anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I posted a 'after' thumbnail below. Probably related, 90% of the titles in the View menu are grayed-out (unchecked).

Thanks 

-Christo

post-49603-0-21384100-1489928338_thumb.png

Also, with no document open, there will be no document window, which is why the desktop items are visible behind the Affinity panels. If you open an existing or create a new document, all will look & work as expected.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

R C-R,

I actually knew something this time before you said it (that's big for me!)...knowing all my documents had been closed, I figured that's why my desktop was visible, but here's the weird part (to me). After doing 'Reset Studio' in the View menu my panel placement/arrangement did not change (go back to their original positions). I thought a Restart of my computer was in order so I closed everything out, did the computer Restart, then reopened Affinity Designer only to find all the panels were in the same positions as before doing 'Reset Studio'.

Second weird part (should've sent a screenshot, sorry)...I did open a document, only to see it set 'up and off to the left' if you will. Odd placement of the doc, and the panels were 'out of position' from factory settings.

Hopefully my description provides some useful info.

Thanks in advance!

-Christo

Is a way I can adjust the length of this panel (and panels in general)?

Also, when I minimize AffinityDesigner the panels are still 'free' and remain on my computer screen.

MEB, I went the Windows menu and completed the instruction you posted above. Not sure what I'm missing.

Thanks,

-Christo

post-49603-0-08426700-1489947470_thumb.png

To adjust the height of the panels you move the cursor to the bottom of the panel until it turns into a double white arrow, you can then pull up or down.

You can replace the panel by clicking on the two small horizontal lines at the top left of the panel and pulling it in place.

post-37692-0-53160300-1489948730_thumb.png

• Staff

Currently you have the Affinity interface in Separated Mode - all interface elements are floating independently over the desktop (the document windows, all the toolbars etc). If you want to put them all back into a single application window you have to uncheck Separated Mode from the Window menu.

..ok, my AD Studio is 99% back to normal after checking 'Reset Studio' in the View menu - however, I'm experiencing some weirdness with the Toolbar/Context Toolbar. Hopefully one of you cats can see what needs to be done and advise me based on the thumbnails below, along with my brief description.

I can't seem to get the Toolbar back to it's original (factory) position at the very top position of the Studio - when trying to drag it up to the topmost edge screen/AD UI, I am hitting a point that I cannot move the Toolbar above. This leaves an approximately 1/2-inch gap through which I can see as well as move images into that are a part of the AD document I would be currently working on. 

For example, see the thumbnail below that shows what happens when I select 'Save As' in the File menu. I'm only able to see the bottom of said white 'Save As' window yet the field where I would name the file is blocked by the Toolbar. I have no choice at this point (that I know of) other than to drag the Toolbar down far enough that I can see and complete the 'Save As' operation.

I want to get the Toolbar 'locked' or set back into the topmost position it was in when I first began learning/using Designer this past January. I've also attached a thumbnail of my Affinity Photo studio UI showing its Toolbar in said position.

Last thing - in addition to the above, I am no longer able to see the names of currently open document/file names that I had just recently been working on. They formerly would appear by name with an 'x' just to the left of each doc name, nestled snugly up against the bottom edge of the Context Toolbar. I'm stumped.

Thanks for any and direction/help.

-Christo

post-49603-0-12941000-1490051835_thumb.png

post-49603-0-56797100-1490051856_thumb.png

post-49603-0-17952300-1490051876_thumb.png

post-49603-0-39559100-1490051897_thumb.png

...also, please note the placement/position of the Exit (red circle), Minimize (yellow circle), and Maximize (green circle) buttons in the first 3 thumbnails posted just above, in my initial description. Those seen belong to each individual document that is currently open.

The Toolbar no longer possesses these Exit, Min, and Max buttons as it originally did...nor does it have the words 'Affinity Designer' embedded in the Toolbar at top dead center as it did originally (same way 'Photo' is seen in thumbnail-4).

I'm not being lazy - tried to find the fix myself for quite a while. Just can't find it.

Thanks again.

-Christo

As MEB said, it looks like you are in Separated Mode. As he suggested, have you tried unchecking Separated Mode on the Window menu?

Affinity Photo