You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to export PDF on windows 10

No idea, I can export anything. But it occurs when I try to export Affinity Sample Files: when I click on the export command, it returns the message, as they are locked. In this link MEB reports

Lenovo core I7 6700HQ
8Gb Ram
Nvidia GTX 950 4 gb Memory

SSD 256Gb

HD 1TB 5400 rpm

Weird. So if you try to export in jpeg or png it works, when you choose pdf it returns a program error or a system error? 

Lenovo core I7 6700HQ
8Gb Ram

SSD 256Gb

HD 1TB 5400 rpm

@B13NFC, I think the suggestion from sduccio made in an earlier post, of attaching here a file that does not export to PDF for you, would be the best way forward.  I know you said it was ANY file you tried this on but at least it might be possible for other users to test whether there is something "unusual" about your file or whether there is something "unusual" about your computers.

What is the actual wording of the "same message" you see when attempting a PDF export?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

When you reply, make sure you select "More Reply Options".  At the bottom of the screen that then opens you should see an "Attach Files" area.  Simply do what it says there.

Jeff

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Hi.  Many thanks for this.

I've attached a pdf export from Designer.  It worked without problem!  So, I think it is reasonable to assume there is something "unusual" about your computers.  To discover what I think you may need the assistance of a local (to you) computer engineer.

Just as a thought; is it possible your firewall is somehow blocking the export?

Jeff

djms.pdf

Hi Emmrecs01, yo could be right about the firewall, indeed in #5 he writes that the problem comes out on a second machine too. I think that B13NFC has installed on both the same program that does the conflict. So, let's suppose: B13NFC has installed on both something like adobe acrobat (or something similar with a pdf engine) and for some reasons the firewall is blocking or the host file is diverting to some wrong adresses. Could it be?

Lenovo core I7 6700HQ
8Gb Ram

SSD 256Gb

HD 1TB 5400 rpm

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.