You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using a raster brush in AD doesn't extend to the bleed

Hi, I was wondering if someone can help me out. I'm creating a magazine cover and have a 3mm bleed set up. I have a vector object that extends to the bleed. However, in pixel persona when I use a raster texture brush within the vector object, it doesn't extend to the bleed, it stays within the boundary of the canvas.

Is there a setting or something I've missed? I have a deadline to meet this weekend and can't figure this out!

• Staff

Hi flapjack,

Welcome to the forums.

This is expected, if you switch to the Move Tool and select the Pixel layer you'll be able to move it outside of the canvas. A way to avoid this in the future is to add the bleed amount onto the overall document size when you're creating a new document. You can then setup and use the margins to show the non bleed area.

I just love the German autocorrect, don’t you? … turns “bleed” into “blöd” …  :D

(But yes, we need a decent bleed dialogue …)

lol yeah not the greatest implementation done by apple, iOS 11 at least supports multilingual autocorrect but I think macOS does not yet, sorry  :D

• 1 month later...