You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD Styles is driving me nuts!

Hey guys,

I'm trying to make a style out of a brush stroke I'm using for a project. When I make it a style it makes the stroke bigger or smaller, pretty much the opposite of what I want. I may not be doing this correctly. I usually right click on the stroke and make it a style, I even tried it from the studio window- but same issue. Even after renaming it the style keeps rendering whatever I apply it too incorrectly.

Is there a way to either save a modified brush as a new custom brush or properly create a style out of a brush stroke?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Affinity Designer 1.4.2 // Mac 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7

Sweet, those tutorials rock, thanks duder.

My problem with the Styles reality is that when I make one: 

• it will not always carry over stroke attributes like scale with object after I select it in the stroke menu. Sometimes it shows up other times not.
  • I have added several styles of the same stroke with the same attributes and each one of them comes out with a different width- its frustrating.
  • There is no way to copy a style in one category and add it to another. After I create a new cat. I have to go and remake the style all over again, so even when I get it right, since I'm dealing with the madness above I have to start all over with the guessing game.

This leads me to think that this may be a bug?  :unsure:

I don't know man... maybe I'm missing something.

But again, those tutorials help a lot. If I can make my own brushes then I can just draw them, scan them in, throw them in AD, and avoid this whole mess. But I really would like to use the Styles menu as it seems really useful. 

It's possible that there are still some bugs or glitches flying around in the brush creation routines. If you want to find and see related infos about brush creation themes etc., just do a forum search here about these themes!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Sweet, thanks man. I did a search but then I got impatient... ugh computer art is so gnarly. I think I'm going to go paint and then watch those tutorials later. Thanks again.