You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

...me again - I am determined to learn this software (it's actually been a blast, just have so many basic questions - thanks for your patience)

With the help of MEB, Alfred, R C-R, Callum, and MANY others I have learned a lot but am certainly still in the novice category.

I have a relatively simple image (1 - 2 layers) that I want to save in my AD Assets-Panel (a custom panel created for this project). I've saved/moved a number of other images into this panel previously with no problem, simple click/drag operation. However, with this particular layer I'm seeing something I haven't seen before...when I click/drag, the image seems goes to go BEHIND the Assets panel and stays there, unseen. No vertical blue-bar appears in the A-panel, and upon release of the click/drag, the image does appear (or 'stick') in with other Assets.

Anyone know why I would see this behavior?

One additional Assets related query: what is the trick/procedure to assure the reasonable sizing of an image before dragging it into the Assets-panel so that it is not EXTREMELY LARGE when I access it for use on a newly opened image? Yet another basic skill that I'm 99.9% sure I've missed along the way.

Cheers! Hope y'all have a great weekend.

-Christo

Without seeing an example, I am not sure why no blue bar would appear, assuming (as per the other discussion) the contents of the category/subcategory are disclosed.

As for the sizing thing, it just seems to be something users have to decide for themselves. So for example, if you think you will typically use an asset at a specific size, then resize it in the workspace to that size (or copy it to a new document & resize it there) before adding it to your assets.

For example, I created a subcategory of cartoon face parts (eyes, mouths, etc.) but later discovered that one of the mouths was about ten times larger than all the others. So I opened a new document, added that mouth to it & resized it to match the others. Then I deleted the too-large version & replaced it with the resized one.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

R C-R, MEB, et al...

I've attached 4 thumbnails as well as the actual file for you to take a peek at (as you have time) regarding the issue/problem I'm having dragging this image into the Assets-Panel.

As mentioned previously, it (the image) seems to be sliding BEHIND the Assets-Panel and is not 'registering' as I've seen other images do in the past...causing a vertical blue bar as an indication of where it will be placed after unclicking.

Thanks all for your help and input.

-Christo

post-49603-0-87385400-1489871313_thumb.png

post-49603-0-10823900-1489871350_thumb.png

post-49603-0-26361700-1489871364_thumb.png

post-49603-0-98440700-1489871382_thumb.png

post-49603-0-29569500-1489871402_thumb.png

CVlogoBlueCropLines_MEB_EDITED_2.afdesign

I don't know why that will not work for you. It seems to be working fine here. What happens if you use the subcategory popup menu "Add from Selection" to try to add it that way?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Drag'n'drop is somehow buggy here, use the dedicated assets panel menu options instead and it will probably work. - I had the same issues some time ago when first time using/trying out assets, drag'n'drop often behaves strange related to this.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Under which menu tab will I find 'Add from Selection'?

Each subcategory has a four line "hamburger" icon that like in other places in the Affinity UI pops up a small contextual menu if you click on it. The last item is 'Add from Selection.'

Affinity Photo