You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

It was a challenge for me to execute a food packaging job on Affinity Designer. I did this job with lots of tricks in Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo. No any other software was used. Entire from Raw file conversion to photo-editing, photo-cutout was done on Affinity Photo.

In Affinity Designer i first setup the size of the job and set all the objects in proper placing. This job is to be printed on a Gravure Printing Machine with combination of 4 Process colors + 1 Pantone + Logo Red Color. Now the trick part was to give the client variety in color yet should be cost effective and appealing. So we used a common Pantone color which we can change easily on the Printing machine by replacing the ink. So Black color was our savior because on every new job i was getting 4 color cylinders ready for the job. So i used Black color as a Changing element with text in reverse, so client gets a 5 color job at the Development of 4 color job.

The job was processed on Art Pro for Cylinder Engraving. I am waiting for the print results to arrive. Once they are ready i will update you the result.

Vishal Ambasana - DesignPreuner @ SA Graphic - (Rajkot) India.post-51060-0-51358900-1489759884_thumb.png

This job allowed me to test the Affinity Photo Features like - Cloning, Adjustments - Selective Color | Curves | Sharpness, Cutouts with Pen tool, Brush Tool etc...

In Affinity Designer - Layout was quite easy, Placing Affinity Designer Files into another Affinity Designer File reduces efforts to rotate the art-boards multiple times, Pantone Selection, Application Color Palette.

I will surely update the final print result over here.